[GCC 7.2 BUILD] Optimized TP-Link Archer C7 V2 AC1750 LEDE Firmware

I never ran iperf tests myself, but @hobbsAU was kind enough to do so. Maybe he'd be willing to run this test for you on the latest build, else I guess you'll have to do it yourself and share the results. :slight_smile:

This is great, thank you! (re:Fast Path Support) I look forward to giving your build a whirl sometime this week.

1 Like

I'll have a test myself. How do I go about disabling the DNSCrypt stuff so the DNS works like stock LEDE?

Why would you want to do that? Without DNSCrypt your ISP and everyone in your network path will be able to (and probably will) log the domains you resolve, ie. see which websites you visit when and how often. But to answer your question: I think it's sufficient to stop & disable dnscrypt-proxy and adjust /etc/config/dhcp by commenting in line 15 #option resolvfile '/tmp/resolv.conf.auto' and adding list server '8.8.8.8' below to use Google's resolvers. Then reboot and you should be good (check /etc/resolv.conf after the reboot to see if it contains the DNS resolvers you want to use).

To be honest @r00t what I'm trying to do is basically have a stock LEDE build but with the FastPath additions you have made. I would use the FastPath builds but PPPoE is broken on them and PPPoE works on your builds.

I didn't do a speedtest but there is a noticeable speed improvement with the Fast Path Support. Going to flash this baby on my other C7 :slight_smile:

I have 2 Archer C7, both of them seems to lose 5Ghz after doing some config. I never touch 802.11W, one was fixed by a reboot and the other was fixed by "reset to default". Why would LUCI put in 802.11W if it's not enable and since I'm using WPAD instead of mini, should it matters ?

Hello there,

tried to install kmod-usb-printer with opkg install, but get the error
"http://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/ar71xx/generic/packages/kmod-usb-printer_4.4.74-1_mips_24kc.ipk
Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-usb-printer:

•  kernel (= 4.4.74-1-104a81e1bd7b6ca8a1a2016592122fd6) * 

• opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-usb-printer"

Whats wrong?

BTW, thanks a million for this effort, openwrt is nice but callenging for beginners

Are you running the latest nightly? Looks like this package requires a very specific kernel version. The snapshot repository where you get the packages from gets updated every day, so it's possible that you're lagging behind if you aren't use a nightly. I guess if you want to install kernel modules via opkg you'd need to use a build that has been created the same day you run opkg install.

@ r00t: "Are you running the latest nightly?"
Sorry for the stupid question: how would I do this? I usually look whether there is an update for THIS particular build, download and flash.

You would simply download and flash the sysupgrade.bin from the nightly folder at https://github.com/infinitnet/lede-ar71xx-optimized-archer-c7-v2/tree/master/nightly .. These get compiled automatically every day and include the latest upstream changes. So you can basically update your router every day if you'd want to.

P.S. Nightlies were actually broken, ie. no nightly was built today because one of the kernel patches had to be updated due to upstream updates. I'm compiling the nightly manually now - it should be up in ~20mins and the next one will be online tomorrow at the usual time.

@r00t unfortunately certain sites are broken when using PPPoE, such as barclaycard.co.uk, santander.co.uk. They don't load at all and Chrome times out.

Same issue occurs with the fastpath patched builds elsewhere on this forum and I've built my own firmware with only fastpath additions added and the issue occurs, so I'm wondering if there's an issue with fastpath or perhaps with the newest trunk builds.

You could try a recent snapshot build without fastpath and see if that works. If it's indeed related to fastpath, @gwlim might be able to help - he ported it over.

@r00t did you include the wifi on/off switch fix? The switch does not do anything in my case, i.e. I cannot turn off wifi manually

I don't think so. Could you let me know which fix exactly you're referring to? Btw you can switch it off/on in WiFi Schedule.

Look here on Openwrt and here on Gargoyle. The source has been identified and affects only C5 1.2 and C7 2.0.

I tried Wifi schedule. turn on 6 am and turn off 1 am. Creates a weird behaviour, wifi turns off at random times, while devices are connected and using internet. Others also reported problems when using a schedule beyond midnight.

Another one is here. Well explained there

Just to let you know, it is due to MCS clamping being disabled by default.

Edit: MSS clamping.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! I removed the one of @gwlim's patches that disabled MSS clamping. mtu_fix will be set to 1 with the next release (or probably even nightly).