[GCC 7.2 BUILD] Optimized TP-Link Archer C7 V2 AC1750 LEDE Firmware

Also looks like FastPath packages didn't actually get installed, LOL. Fixing that one as well.

Just tried it quickly with my current conf... luci was really slow with timeout. ssh was working, so I revert to the snapshot

Odd. I'm running the build from yesterday and LuCI loads fine, even when the router is under load when downloading something. It should actually have more free resources now after removing TOR, which was using a lot of RAM.

Anyway, I'm compiling a new build atm because yesterday's had several other issues.

I can confirm that I had similiar problems with somneatimes very slow response in luci.

Thanks for confirming this, I'll look into it.

1 Like

New release is up with FastPath actually being included and hopefully LuCI issues resolved.

Flashed and running. So far no lagging of luci interface occurring.

1 Like

Hi,
noticed the following repeated error messages in the System log:
Sat Jul 1 17:58:35 2017 daemon.warn odhcpd[1661]: A default route is present but there is no public prefix on br-lan thus we don't announce a default route!
Sat Jul 1 17:58:35 2017 daemon.info odhcpd[1661]: Using a RA lifetime of 0 seconds on br-lan
Sat Jul 1 17:58:37 2017 daemon.notice netifd: wan6_4 (23679): cat: can't open '/tmp/464-wan6_4-anycast': No such file or directory
Sat Jul 1 17:58:37 2017 daemon.notice netifd: wan6_4 (23679): Error: inet prefix is expected rather than "lookup".
Sat Jul 1 17:58:37 2017 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wan6_4' is now down
Sat Jul 1 17:58:37 2017 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wan6_4' is setting up now

Any ideas?

This is just a notice and not an error, so nothing to worry about I guess. I'm not getting this at all btw, so it's likely your configuration. You could edit /etc/config/network and remove wan6_4 assuming you don't use it - that should stop these notices.

1 Like

Just tested the latest build

Luci is OK, bit slow at first boot, then totally OK
ath-9k-htc (Atheros usb stick) is not working, my adapter is not detected. Tried to do an update of the Wireless config, but no luck.

Reverting back to the official snapshot for the moment;

Indeed - some kernel modules that were included before weren't included in the latest release. I'm fixing this as we speak - a new image will be online in ~30mins with ath9k-htc included.

P.S. @loloweb it's up.

1 Like

@root Just tried - Everything is OK including ath9k-htc. Installed mwan3 package - OK after a restart.
Luci is still slow on the first boot with timeout... and then OK after 5 min. At second boot, no problem. As i m used to the default LUCI UI, i don t know.

Thanks a lot. Gonna let it on the router, and check stability.

One idea : Would it be possible to compile with a modded / unlocked regdb (maybe a specific private build) ?

Flashed latest version and so far no timeout on LUCI even on first boot, it was not a fully clean upgrade (saved and used previous config files).
If any issue appears I will report it here.

1 Like

It's possible that the material theme is slower than the bootstrap one. You can just switch back to the default one in system settings if you prefer that that one.

Any particular reason you need this? I'm not planning on adding this. The goal of this firmware is to just provide a more feature-rich and faster variant of the official LEDE builds, but otherwise keep it as close to "stock" as possible. The more I customize, the less it will contribute to that objective. It also makes things more likely to break during upstream updates and it's going to increase the time required for maintaining this firmware too, which is why unfortunately I can't take as many feature requests as I'd like to.

main purpose is to increase tx power to max hw capabilities and unlock channel 12,13,14 (japan only) in 2.4g

Pretty sure this is illegal to use and probably also to distribute. These regulations exist for a reason. That being said, you could probably just set the country to JP in wireless settings to use channel 14.

The problem is that some usb cards like my 036nha are locked to a specific country in there eeprom, which do not allow to unlock channels by changing countries.
By the way, the latest build look stable... No problem at all including on 5G. Thanks a lot for this !

1 Like

Can anyone say anything on the status of figuring out hardware NAT for the C7?
Also wondering the same for the Fast Path. I'm unclear how much that might help my C7 but figure every little bit helps...

Have been looking for details on how to enable and control Fast Path... or, does it just work automagially when installed?

Want to answer these questions so I can decide if it's worth bringing down the home router for it, yet. I don't currently run the optimized FW, just the current stock LEDE version.

Thanks...

@JonP FastPath will "just work" and is included in this firmware, while hardware NAT hasn't been figured out yet for the C7 AFAIK. We might not really need it anymore with FastPath though.

What performance are you getting with iperf from a wireless client to wired server, @r00t?