Xiaomi WiFi Router 3G

This issue can be solved with
option disassoc_low_ack '0'
in /etc/config/wireless section where ssid and passwords are set

2 Likes

Thanks, i will check and give feedback

Setting disassoc_low_ack '0’ does not solve the issue for me, below are the settings from my /etc/config/wireless.

As I mentioned before, it appears to be related to the distance from the router and never happens if I'm in the same room as the router, although in the room which this issue is seen is not really far and the signal strength is good (-56dBm according to wifi analyzer).

Also, the connection to the 2.4GHz is stable after I'm already connected even if I move to the room which the issue was reproducing in the 1st place, but if I disconnect than I will probably not be able to reconnect again.

config wifi-device 'radio0'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option hwmode '11g'
        option path 'pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/0000:01:00.0'
        option country 'IL'
        option channel '9'
        option distance '15'
        option log_level '4'
        option htmode 'HT40'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio0'
        option device 'radio0'
        option network 'lan'
        option mode 'ap'
        option ssid '....24'
        option key 'XXXXXXXXXXXX'
        option disassoc_low_ack '0'
        option encryption 'psk2+ccmp'
        option wpa_group_rekey '1800'

config wifi-device 'radio1'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option hwmode '11a'
        option path 'pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:02:00.0'
        option channel 'auto'
        option country 'IL'
        option distance '7'
        option htmode 'VHT80'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio1'
        option device 'radio1'
        option network 'lan'
        option mode 'ap'
        option encryption 'psk2'
        option key 'XXXXXXXXXXXX'
        option ssid '....50'

Same problem for me.
Some person have this problem other don't have this problem.
Maybe there is something common (in the configuration/ hardware/ or environment/ snapshot version)

Please if you have this problem reply so we can count how many person have this problem and compare.

For the other (not having the problem)
Do you use the 2.4g ?

Hello all, im new here and waiting for that router from gearbest, i have question to people that have wifi 2.4Ghz problems - does that problem occur in xiaomi original firmware ? or only on LEDE :slight_smile: ?

Sorry I can not answer, I have not tested the original firmware because it's. In Chinese.
But search in this thread somebody have done a rollback and have also checked two alternative firmware using the closed source driver.

So I think the original firmware is not affected by this very old bug.

Here some explaination for this bug

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2015-July/005648.html
https://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4667

And high-end router with the same problem:

Wrong driver,driver that is cause of issues is mt76.
That is open source driver for MT76xx family

Hmm thanks for answers Keiser1080 and Robimarko but if original xiaomi firmware dont have such problems and it is based on openwrt then where is problem to get it working without problems :slight_smile: ?

i think lede use an opensource firmware and xiaomi use the closed source firmware.
Can somebody confirm ?

here https://github.com/openwrt/mt76/issues/114 same issue using the same radio according wifi devi https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Xiaomi_MiWiFi_3G

if i understand the guy who have open the ticket.
The issue begin after a recovery.

In my case just after flashing i have done some mistake resulting with no access to the router.
To get access i restart the routeur in recovery mode then i have done the following command:
mount_root
umount /overlay && firstboot && reboot

Yes,original firmware uses Mediateks closed source driver while LEDE cant distribute that driver and uses open source mt76 driver

well, so what if we keep a copy of the closed source driver, then install lede, and overwrite the driver with the closed source one ?
will this work ?

i am looking to do the same,
but i think it's not possible unless you have the skill

so we are not alone having problem with this driver.
The guy on the post is trying to use the mediatek driver using the sdk from mediatiek,
but is not easy.

dd-wrt use the closed source driver.

Maby the good aproch if the xiaomi use the same kernel version is to copy the driver from xiaomi ?
i think it's the following file

root@LEDE:~# modinfo mac80211
module:		/lib/modules/4.9.52/mac80211.ko
license:	GPL
depends:	cfg80211,compat
root@LEDE:~# modinfo mt7603e
module:		/lib/modules/4.9.52/mt7603e.ko
license:	Dual BSD/GPL
depends:	mt76
root@LEDE:~# modinfo cfg80211
module:		/lib/modules/4.9.52/cfg80211.ko
alias:		net-pf-16-proto-16-family-nl80211
license:	GPL
depends:	compat

My router has arrived and I also have the same problem "did not acknowledge authentication response".

Someone has enabled hostap debug to see what happens?

Guys do you think that this 2.4Ghz problem is connected with USB3.0 in that router ? i accidentally read that info

I really doubt it's related to USB3, I have nothing connected to the USB port and this issue is not seen Xiaomi FW

Hello, understand :slight_smile: MY friend done some nice tests of that router in this week, if you can read in Polish Language then you can read it here:http://eko.one.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16231 He didn't catch problems that occur here :slight_smile:

I just installed latest LEDE firmware and I realized that there are no MIMO at 5G WiFi!
So my Xiaomi Mi5 device can only get 433 Mbps. ( I don't sure if it connects 866 Mbps with original FW... but Mi5 have MU-MIMO WiFi which is needed to connect with 866Mbps )
Also cannot activate any channel > 64 at 5Ghz mode.
Please just put it in the known problems list.

If you set the 5ghz channel bandwidth to 80, you should get 866mbps.

At 2.4Mhz the channel width also does not work - 40Mhz
Instead of 150 Mbps, only 65 Mbps is connected

It is normal if the channels are already used by other routers
Try with
option noscan '1'