Xiaomi WiFi Router 3G

yeah, and the first time it worked , but the second time i tryed to flash lede it behaved completly different , and when i tryed to unbrick itll stay forever blinking. also the pen drive does not blink at all , so i assume it does not read it. ill leave it all nigh "unbriking" and see if its ok tomorrow.

Constant blinking means that it has booted LEDE kernel and entered failsafe mode, try accessing 192.168.1.1 with telnet or ssh (don’t remember which one is up). Check lede and openwrt failsafe wiki

allready tryed the info on wiki... also it does not explain why ttl is not working. to clarify. if i do nothing , the router does this: still orange long time-------- still blue very fast -------still orage a long time-------orage still+ red blinking (and still blue if usb attached).
if i try the recovery , still orange long time-------- still blue very fast -------still orage a long time-------orage blinking forever.

NICE NEWS

Sudenly i could connect through ssh, and now its working flawlessly , thank you very much for your time and help.

I have an issue about it.
all router functions work with LEDE

Wen I try to connect to the 2.4GHz radio0 after 12 hrs of inactivity on radio0 (all my devices are usually connected to radio1 5GHz), I get the following error:

daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: STA XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX IEEE 802.11: did not acknowledge authentication response

Does anyone see similar issue?

edit: some update on this issue:
This issue is observed when trying to connect from Android, I was able to connect from my laptop to the 2.4 wlan and after that I was also able to connect from my android phone.
This is very strange and I will have to wait till the end of the day to see if the issue is reproducible.

Ok, this is very strange.

Sometimes I get this failure and can't login to the 2.4GHz:
daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: STA XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX IEEE 802.11: did not acknowledge authentication response

but sometimes I don't have this issue at all.

For example, I was not able to login to the 2.4Ghz for couple minutes right now.
So I opened ssh and executed $>logread -f
Then I tried to login and I was able to login to the 2.4GHz.

Is there any other log/file which can provide some more information about this error when it happens?

Those issues are most likely due to mt76 driver which is not as good as stock closed source Mediatek driver.

Try adding
option disassoc_low_ack β€˜0’
for 2.4 ghz into /etc/config/wireless like in post 6 here
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=43188

1 Like

Just found this r3g firmware.
http://downloads.pandorabox.com.cn/pandorabox/17.09/targets/ralink/mt7621/
Have not found flashing instruction yet. Don't know if it uses open or closed source mt76 driver.

Thanks for the assistance with this @dissent1, but issue is still reproducing after setting option disassoc_low_ack β€˜0’ in /etc/config/wireless and reboot the router which results with new settings propagation to /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf

Any other idea?

I have done some more experiments and noticed the following:

1. Issue is reproducing with the 2.4GHz only
  2. Issue is not reproducing when I'm at the same room as the router
  3. Issue is reproducing in my bedroom which is very close to the room of the router
    3.1 The signal strength in time of failure (according to wifi analyzer) is -56dBm for the 2.4GHz and -64dBm for the 5GHz
  4. Issue is reproducing with both android phones (Lineage os) and my IPAD
  5. After I'm already connected, the connection is not dropping at the same room which the issue happens
  6. After I'm connected, if I decide to re-login at the room which the issue is reproducing - behavior is undefined - sometimes it succeed, and sometimes not

This pandorabox seems to be a chinese openwrt fork with closed source drivers.
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=59341

I have the same
error for the 2.4 Ghz frequency. The 2.4 Ghz wifi is not usable at all with my WiFi Router 3G.
At least 5Ghz works but not really good.

Will try pandorabox but have fear that it has a bigger possibility to have a backdoor. Do I need to fear at all?

Oh no flashed pandorabox like an update for lede. Now my router is bricked... first, led is orange for 10sec than the led blinks one time blue to get orange again for 5 sec than led turns off for less than a sec and the whole process begins from the beginning... :frowning:
I need a serial cable now?

Yes,nothing without serial.

Please do not flash Pandorabox or Padavan in that way because they have different partition tables

I have successfully built and flashed Padavan for R3G using Prometheus Script. I have also got back to stock firmware using Prometheus Script following steps from this page http://miui.vn/forum/threads/mi-3-quay-ve-rom-goc-khi-da-flash-rom-padavan.31113/. It's in Vietnamese, use Google to translate.

I have also flashed PandoraBox successfully. First I flashed Breed bootloader for R3G then used Breed to flash PandoraBox. I also flashed back stock firmware using recovery option in Breed. The Breed bootloader is in Chinese. There is a Chrome extension called Translator for Breed Bootloader which is very useful.

Breed bootloader is good solution for install anothers ROMs ? pandorabox, stok or padavan ?
or padavan only install with prometheus ?

Padavan is not licensed to be binary distributable. I built and flashed it within Prometheus Script. Breed for R3G has just been released. I just experimented to see what works. I have partition backups of the original firmware and a serial cable ready.:grinning:

so I understand, in padavan has no way to generate an image for sharing with other users, it allows only on the local router.