Xiaomi WiFi Router 3G

As i say i find solution without disable n. Pleas read my whole post above.
Shortly - i configure same ssid and pass for both 2.4 and 5ghz. And work without lost wifi on 30seconds

ssid: sane for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz
pass and encription: also same
htmode 20mhz for 2.4ghz and 80 for 5ghz
channel: 6 for 2.4ghz and 48 for 5ghz
tx power: 20db for both.

i will search solution how make networch switch auto to 5Ghz when signal is good. On original firmware i see this option and it work. May be solution is beacon frame inteval, explained in link on my before latest post

@borisov87 thanks but it does not work with devices that only have 2.4.

@lukasz92 please do it as soon as possible ! for a long long time, there is nothing changed, i don’t know what’s wrong with someone’s mind, but it seems project owner of mt76 have no interesting in improving it, even testing it or give any reply or info about what they do. it is the most bad opensource project i have ever seen. it should be abandoned.

@updatede that is a very rude comment and it's not true. The MT76 driver is constantly being updated, just look at the commit log https://github.com/openwrt/mt76/commits/master
Please show some respect for the developers that does all this for free...

5 Likes

Strange. Yes my device support 5ghz. But i am on other room away from router and my device not see 5ghz signal here only 2.4. and yes work without interruption

@hammer no, it’s not rude or disrespectful, it is a fact.
check this https://github.com/openwrt/mt76/issues/152
it has been three months, i do a lot of test, and no fix no test even no reply recently, i have never seen this at other project, any response will let’s know what’s going on. maybe there is physical or mental illness preventing any reply or response for a long time, i don’t know, even it’s free, it’s totally a joke.

This is opensource and people are working completely free. You are not entitled to anything and developers are not obliged to do anything. You're comments are extremely disrespectful.

If there is a particular issue that you would like to see fixed, you could always create your own pull requests with said fix. Getting angry over a developer not fixing your specific issue is completely rude. They are as much obliged to fix that issue as you are to write that fix yourself: ie, neither of you are.

3 Likes

@Mushoz i do not force anything, but see how someone treat issues, he is totally not worth respect. even it’s free, it doesn’t mean you can do anything and still get respect. i don’t want it to be fixed now, otherwise, i abandon it.

@Mushoz i just close that issue and switch to stock firmware, i don’t want to mess up with it any more, goodbye.

Cron.err crond[1452]: time disparity of 3634 minutes detected

My router started randomly reboot and this message appears in logs. I'm in snapshot 6880, should I upgrade?

You don't have to. It's because router hardwares does not have rtc clock and it only can update time when it is connected to the internet. This is the log what you can see.

1 Like

So what will it be? It always worked fine, the only thing I did was to upgrade to version 6880 and install NFS Server.

Now, I upgraded to the latest snapshot and I'll watch...

EDIT: Problem persists... :frowning:
I could not find anything in log. Router restarts in loop about 4, 5 times...

What's in your crontab?

It's blank.
Uptime now is 10 hours...

When installed nfs server, also installed a package called "kmod-loop". I removed and am testing to see if it was the problem.

if you remove the file, the service will not start, will not produce log entries and consume no resources.

What to do?
I write something in crontab?

Only delete the files in /etc/crontabs/

Compiled with latest mt76 commits and seems fixed!
Thanks @nbd

1 Like

Hi guys,
I thought had solved, but still have problems.

Router restarts and stays in a loop for several minutes even estabilize. Sometimes it happens with 1 hour, or 5, or 20... He does the whole process by turning off the light, turning on orange and blinking blue until he stops. If I unplug from the power, it starts fine and loop stops.

My version is 6931 and below are logs:

Hello,
When doing sysupgrade with latest openwrt-ramips-mt7621-mir3g-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar
the kernel do not upgrade and stays: kernel 4.14.37-1 while there is kernel 4.14.43 already.
how can I upgrade kernel? because all kmod-* are depending on it ?