Xiaomi WiFi Router 3G

You probably have flashed the kernel with initram and therefore you only have a temporary filesystem in ram...
Flash XXX-sysupgrade.tar with sysupgrade command.

Any one has any idea on this one?

You likely need to install the SQM packages. That is a generic process that search here or on the OpenWRT wiki will find.

@juppin: Thanks a lot, you are right!

so here is my way so far:

• remove the label downwards the mir3g case, remove the screw, open the case carefully
  • remove the 2 screws of the routerboard, solder the serial-header (carefully !!!)
  • connect the header to a pc(levelshifter or usb-serial cable, use putty to connect (COMx, 115200,8,N,1)
  • connect lan cable to pc and router (lan1), set pc ip to 192.168.31.100
  • rename image to test.bin, configure tftpd32 to use interface at ip 192.168.31.100, and the folder where test.bin resides
  • start the router
  • use u-boot to start(press -1- at boot) the combined (kernel+initramfs) openwrt/lede-image (freshly compiled)
  • enter parameter at serial console - input device (example 192.168.31.87)
  • enter server ip (192.168.31.100)
  • enter image-name or leave blank and press enter (should be test.bin)
  • combined image should start
  • if router is up / flash image.tar using sysupgrade (you need a mini webserver to serve the image!)
  • after flashing has finished enjoy your openwrt/lede mir3g

Hello, i have mir3g with LEDE installed and these packages LuCI, PPPoE connection, OpenVPN, ddns, 2x2.4GHz SSID (fixed channel setted or will not work) 1x 5GHz SSID.

The router will work flawlessy for few hours than seems it will freeze and stop all LAN and WiFi connection (no more SSID broadcasted), few month ago the problem was similar (+ 2.4GHz will just not work).

all will be freezen, the LED sometime seems to cycle between yellow and blue, but all remain broken until i cut of power, than will go back online for few hours until the next freeze

i'm trying snapshots once a month/week using the sysupgrade tar and reconfiguring all packages i need, hoping that this issue is solved but now i think it's something wrong with how i flashed it.. possible? do you have tips for me?

I managed to install SQM and related packages. There isn't any difference in speed. It still hovers between 0.5 - 2 Mbps.
Are there any defaults that need to be changed? I thought the router would give full speed without any QOS like my old one. Does everyone have to setup QOS by default? This is my first time setting up custom firmware so I'm genuinely wondering.
NB: I have tried upload and download as 8192 to reflect my 8Mbps plan, but download speed doesn't cross 0.8 Mbps
Speed with new router: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7290174102
Speed with old router: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7290179810

SQM is used for fighting bufferbloat. It doesn't help you achieve higher speeds, and as a matter of fact will even lower it slightly.

Are you able to achieve full speeds with SQM disabled? If not, you should fix that first before you dive in with SQM.

My problem is that I'm not achieving full speeds with default setup. Someone had suggested SQM so I tried it.
Still haven't figured out the problem. My problem is described in this post:

My router has been crashing sometimes. Networks disappear and I have to disconnect from the power outlet.

RAM it stays in 180MB free/cached. I use SNAPSHOT r6788.

Another question: how many memory is recommended to leave for the Transmission cache? I have left 32MB.

Thx.

What was the first question? There is only one question mark in your post...
The second (and only?) question is not easily answered. The higher cache you use, the less frequent the writes to your storage will be. Use as much as you can spare.

Hi!

I opened a flyspray task for that problem with your stack trace. Please vote if somebody has this also.

#FS1539

Sorry, my post was confusing.
I wanted to know what to do in this case. Was it a bug?

And transmission cache uses ROM, RAM or my storage?

Thanks again.

Hello all,

I got this router and had openwrt installed and everything looks fine and stable with no weird log errors, I have it with a samba server and transmission. The problem is that I loose internet every 5 minutes, the router has always a public IP address and LAN works fine but no access to the internet. if I ping 8.8.8.8 for example it just stays frozen and if I execute /etc/init.d/network restart I have access to the internet back.

One thing I noticed is that if I remove samba and transmission this issue happens less frequently

Does anyone have this issue?

Thanks

Router working wonderfully. But tonight I felt some stuttering while gaming when my brother came back and started using his computer.

So I'd like to know how is QoS right now on OpenWRT. I though about adding some priority rules for games.

Also, what about Padavan, is it better in gaming?

Hi. I bought a Xiaomi 3g Router. Is the manual in the first post working for installing open WRT. Or are there newer manuals I should use?

Yes, a bit. I dont know if it was a bug or not. It could be a bug, it could also be a configuration issue.

Transmission uses ROM, RAM and your storage probably. It all depends on how you have set it up.

Probably you mean SQM and not QoS...
Setup SQM and all will be fine...

Hi yesterday i received this router.
I testing router with xiaomi wifi , but not like chinese :grin:

So now router is flasged with openwrt.

I find some very interesting

When i conect to 2.4ghz and i,m on other room. Wifi lost on every 30-40 seconds.

But accidentally i find solutions.

I just want 2.4ghz and 5ghz operate on same ssid and pass like xiaomi firmware. They have this option and when 5ghz signal is ok phone connect to it, instead auto connect to 5ghz

So i config this

ssid: sane for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz
pass and encription: also same
htmode 20mhz for 2.4ghz and 80 for 5ghz
channel: 6 for 2.4ghz and 48 for 5ghz
tx power: 20db for both.

So after apply now 2.4ghz work without interruption.
Only problem is when i back to room where is rooter, network not switch auto to 5ghz and is need reconect again to get 5ghz.

With default xiaomi firmware network switch auto to 5ghz when signal is good

I,m newbie and not have experience but find this in google. May be this is solution for auto go to 5ghz or may be not?

If nothing about mt76 changes, I will put OpenWRT 18.06 with stable MTK drivers, binary compatible;
I will only need some time for port reporting rx/tx speed and quality to iwinfo library

Hi, I have the same problem, the only way to solve is to disable N mode and use Legacy.

Have you tried the last commit?
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=14ff1278ee5ba5e2b3640891d8461a76e6b0c643

Nothing has changed for me, 2.4 GHz is very unstable with N mode.