Xiaomi WiFi Router 3G

I tried your method and created a firmware but now when I try to update firmware using breed it says that size is too big and now the ssh is also not working since I installed breed

I was on padavan and I installed Breed to get back to stock(which worked) so that I can install openwrt but now ssh do not work in boot mode and all I can do is get to breet bootloader page, can anybody provide a firmware file to install openwrt and steps using breed

Did I write something about Breed?

Now, again, flash the Padavan.

And from Padvan, flash the LEDE.

SSH ➜ mtd_write write /tmp/firmware.bin Firmware_Stub

Sorry but I installed it just to be safe, now the ssh do not work in bootloader mode so should I flash lede in normal mode?

Flash firmware Padavan or Stock.

I flashed padavan and then put firmware.bin in tmp using Winscp and flashed it using ssh and but now after reboot the router is not responding at any address or it is brick ( Having breed do not hurt )

Stock β†’ Padavan
https://youtu.be/fKlEKfQqC2w ( Description is in English)

For Installing Breed Bootloader using Padavan
(file here)

Put file in USB ( Fat32)
open Console
mtd_write the write / media / USB1 / breed-mt7621-xiaomi-r3g.bin Bootloader [USB1 is name of your pendrive]

Now if you reboot your router may return to stock firmware so to avoid that
[Note: Your router contain stock as first firmware and padavan as second]

1. turn off the power, hold reset
  2. Turning on the power while holding reset to an active blink blue diode

You will be in breed bootloader (192.168.1.1)
Specify the boot from kernel1 - autoboot.command boot flash 0x600000

OR in breed terminal

env set autoboot.command "boot flash 0x600000"
env save

The source of the method is Developer_MZRIP

*Note: Make a backup of this firmware as it will contain both stock and padavan so you can use either of them just by changing boot command without flashing any rom

What is the CPU freq in breed bootloader?

hi friends,

i'm new to Lede, planning to flash on xiaomi 3g and this will be my first installation. i read almost every single post (some users have stability issue and some have 2.4 ghz issue) but i really don't understand how to go back to stock firmware.

i will be grateful if someone can write how to remove lede completely and go back to stock firmware.

https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/xiaomi/mir3g "Recovery to stock" should get you back in the odd case that you want to do that.
Overall I consider this router very stable with the current snapshots.

1 Like

It seems fairly stable, compared to some of the previous snapshots (and very stable with 5G only). With yesterday's "r6666-f6e6ead" router managed to survive through the night (14 hours) without a reboot and today it crashed once more, after 3 hours (and now has an uptime of 3h45m).

With previously tested ("r6422-87606e2" - my first install, and "r6628-c089671" - sysupgrade from r6422) the reboots happened every couple of minutes or sometimes even 15-30 seconds.

It is always with:

CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 0000005a, epc == 8e9f9f7c, ra == 8e9f8e24
Call Trace:
[<8e9f9f7c>] mt76_rx_poll_complete+0x64/0x27c [mt76]
[<8e9f8e24>] mt76_dma_attach+0xb14/0xd50 [mt76]
Code: 00929021  10000043  241700a4 <92220056> 30420001  1040003d  27a50018  8e220050  30420001

However with radio0 (2,4GHz) disabled (option disabled '1'), using only 5G and copper ethernet I've never seen any reboots/crashes (tested a week or so).

My wireless config is:

config wifi-device 'radio0'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option channel '9'
        option hwmode '11g'
        option path 'pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/0000:01:00.0'
        option htmode 'HT20'
        option country 'PL'
        option disabled '0'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio0'
        option device 'radio0'
        option network 'lan'
        option mode 'ap'
        option ssid 'ABC'
        option encryption 'psk2+aes'
        option key '****************'

config wifi-device 'radio1'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option channel '44'
        option hwmode '11a'
        option path 'pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:02:00.0'
        option htmode 'VHT80'
        option country 'PL'
        option disabled '0'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio1'
        option device 'radio1'
        option network 'lan'
        option mode 'ap'
        option ssid 'ABC'
        option encryption 'psk2+aes'
        option key '****************'

The only change, except for sysupgrade from r6628 to r6666, is 2.4G channel change from 1 to 9, as it seems a little less crowded in my area.

That is strange. It's been a long time ago since I've experienced frequent reboots. Some build have caused some disconnects/reconnects as some mt76 driver versions have had issues. But latest version runs smooth. I usually have an uptime of 5-10 days before I build and reflash. Currently on r6653 with 3 days uptime.
Here is my wireless config. Maybe try setting/lowering txpower and/or disallow 802.11b (legacy_rates '0') as in my config. https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/basic

config wifi-device 'radio0'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option hwmode '11g'
        option path 'pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/0000:01:00.0'
        option htmode 'HT20'
        option country 'DK'
        option channel '13'
        option log_level '4'
        option txpower '16'
        option legacy_rates '0'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio0'
        option device 'radio0'
        option network 'lan'
        option mode 'ap'
        option encryption 'psk2+ccmp'
        option disassoc_low_ack '0'
        option key '***'
        option ssid '***'

config wifi-device 'radio1'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option hwmode '11a'
        option path 'pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:02:00.0'
        option htmode 'VHT80'
        option country 'DK'
        option channel '128'
        option log_level '4'
        option txpower '16'
        option legacy_rates '1'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio1'
        option device 'radio1'
        option network 'lan'
        option mode 'ap'
        option encryption 'psk2+ccmp'
        option key '***'
        option ssid '***'

Bonus info I use the Xiaomi 3G as a Wireless router connected to a cable modem. I run SQM, Unbound, AdBlock, Wireguard, DDNS. I don't use it for storage/NAS or any resource hungry apps like Transmission.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint. I've started with disabling legacy_rates, now I'll wait to see if that changes anything. If not, I'll try to fiddle with txpower.

I also use Xiaomi exclusively as a router. I've added only ddns-scripts (custom HTTPS update URL, with curl). In the future I'll probably add some VPN service and that's it.

2 Likes

Any guess about when we will have first stable rom?

Nobody knows. Don't ask just use a snapshot image it is fairly stable. Or if you want to use hdd, then build an image with 4.4 kernel, or use the one i built. I and others in Hungary use it without problems more then one week under high loads (Transmission, smb, mysql,wireguard, openvpn, etc...).
13_13-34-07

people from 4pda are working on a way to install openwrt using breed till then I am stuck using padavan, tried many ways to install openwrt but failed

Hi, I have a USB drive connected to the router and I'm having errors of writing, I've read that installing the version 4.4 of the kernel solves the error, is there an image already made in this version? How can I create an image with that kernel?

Thank you

Why don't you just read back the last two post? I built an image and shared it. It contains almost everything which is required for a nas function.

-----------------------------------------------------
 OpenWrt SNAPSHOT, r5682-b153dbf046
 -----------------------------------------------------

root@mir3g:~# uptime
 09:16:36 up 92 days,  7:18,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00

5 Ghz used everyday (2.4 Ghz more rarely).

I'm sorry I read it, but when I click on the link I see 4 folders and a change.log file, and I really do not know what to do with all that, I usually use the Image Generator to create my firmware.

I have read the documentation, https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/build-system/start, but I am new to this and I do not know what to do with the folders that you have put,

thanks in advance.