Xiaomi WiFi Router 3G

Thanks! I have no more disconnections after a few hours with option legacy_rates '0'. My /etc/config/wireless file for 2.4 ghz is:

config wifi-device 'radio0'
option type 'mac80211'
option hwmode '11g'
option path 'pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/0000:01:00.0'
option channel '9'
option legacy_rates '0'
option country 'ES'
option txpower '20'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio0'
option device 'radio0'
option network 'lan'
option mode 'ap'
option ssid 'WIFI'
option encryption 'psk2'
option key 'P@ssw0rd'
option disassoc_low_ack '0'

2 Likes

Do you use http://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/ramips/mt7621/openwrt-ramips-mt7621-mir3g-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar ?

I think it was a safe upgrade method! Can we still use this to upgrade lede?

Thanks and do you have an solution for 5GHz speed ? I only get max speed 60mbps (on 2.4GHz - 75-90mbps) link speed is 100mbps.

hey Guys looking for a help with my 3G model...

can anyone have similar issues and resolved it somehow?

router is unresponsive for any of methods like: reset button and power on...

You have to use a serial connection.

Is some using this device with the precompiled MT76 precompiled drivers (mediatek wifi is useless in MT7628) - #28 by BertL ?
I can not get it work because standard lede 17.01 branch does not have Xiaomi 3G support but need this branch for kernel 4.4.
Someone knows how to add support into the old branch?

1 Like

I am also interested in using precompiled drivers, because since I got my mir3g router i have problems with 2.4 ghz wlan. I applied option disassoc_low_ack '0' and option legacy_rates '0' but I have no internet warnings on my android phone often.
I use r5986 snapshot.

Thanks so much Rising_Sun! need to buy then USBTTL cable and try it:slight_smile:

let me try this one:)

I do not recommend it. But it is simply to create. You just have to add the DTS file and other changes, to the build source from openwrt git. For example sysupgrade won't work in this builds, because of the modification to the update process. so I'd recommend the snapshot build with old kernel...

I built an image but i couldn't get the proprietary drivers work (it could be turned on but couldn't found the ssid). But for me the MT76 drivers in the snapshot is good enough. (MT76 removed, included and loaded mtkdrivers)

Currently I am using snapshot build with 4.4 kernel like @neheb said because of the harddrive corruption bug.

1 Like

I have this problem too, how I can compile with 4.4 kernel?
Thanks

it's simple as it is...

I'm using 4.4 with trunk. Just copy patches-4.4 and config-4.4 from 17.01 and change the Makefile to use 4.4.
by @neheb

makefile is under ./target/linux/ramips/makefile
you have to change the 4.9 to 4.4

and copy the patches-4.4 dir to ./target/linux/ramips and config-4.4 file to ./target/linux/ramips/mt7621

1 Like

Hi All,

Big Thanks to @Rising_Sun for help just unbricked my router :slight_smile: and put clean LEDE but need to use my company VPN which is using probably ppptp so when trying to connect got in sys and kern.log such error:

conntrack: generic helper won't handle protocol 47. Please consider loading the specific helper module.

found that should help some kmod to kernel: kmod-nf-nathelper-extra but when trying to install got this:

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install kmod-nf-nathelper-extra
Installing kmod-nf-nathelper-extra (4.9.77-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/ramips/mt7621/packages/kmod-nf-nathelper-extra_4.9.77-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk
Collected errors:

• satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-nf-nathelper-extra:
  • kernel (= 4.9.77-1-142b0329a5336dabe3c3008687b40e7e) * kernel (= 4.9.77-1-142b0329a5336dabe3c3008687b40e7e) *
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-nf-nathelper-extra.
    root@OpenWrt:~# uname -a
    Linux OpenWrt 4.9.77 #0 SMP Sat Jan 20 22:36:05 2018 mips GNU/Linux

any thoughts on this one?

Thanks Luis

Add --force-depends or recompile

1 Like

Thanks @neheb !!! seems we do have some progress :slight_smile: i mean still do have an error but different :slight_smile:

nf_conntrack: default automatic helper assignment has been turned off for security reasons and CT-based firewall rule not found. Use the iptables CT target to attach helpers instead.

i think its connected with some rule rebuild:( but i do not have an exp. here.. anyone?

found that need to initiate it for any rule but still hard to trace that :slight_smile:

Thanks @HeadLess and @neheb with 4.4.112 kernel I don't have corruption bug.

Hello everyone,
First, I would like to thank everybody who works on this project !
I managed to install LEDE on my Mi R3G, with Luci
Actually to test this router, it's configured as a wifi client with 5Ghz on my home router, and I'm connected to the R3G in 2,4Ghz.
But I have a problem : after a few minutes running without problem, the luci interface is inaccessible, and connecting with putty in SSH is nearly impossible. The only solution is to reboot the router.
I don't think this is linked to the "2,4Ghz bug" because I'm not disconnected. Does someone knows what is the problem ? How can I help, by providing logs ?
Thanks

Sounds like the wifi bug. Happens to me in 2.4ghz and 5Ghz when I get a little bit "away" from my router, like getting one wall between me and the router. I stay connected but no data is transferred anymore and getting back in front of my rotuer does not fix this. Have to wait for like 2minutes or reconnect myself to fix this.

What version of mt76 do you have?

@craz I download the updates for MT7621, I don't know if this is what you wanted to know ? I'm using OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r5996-256477f / LuCI Master (git-18.033.58918-eae2f37)

@Rising_Sun as you said it must be a Wireless problem : I managed to connect via ethernet, and the interface is still accessible after 1 hour of runing. When I'm connected via wifi and the interface is inaccessible, if I disconnect and reconnect to the wifi, it brings back the connexion.
I applied option disassoc_low_ack ‘0’ and option legacy_rates ‘0’ for both 2,4 and 5Ghz, but the problem is still here

Hi, I installed this custom rom, the boot was fine and I can access the IP in browser, but I have no idea what is the default user/password to login in LUCI, can you please help me?