Xiaomi WiFi Router 3G

After several times of trying,I'v made it! So here is my feedback . thanks to @dissent1 @r43k3n
If you think it is bothering to register from miwifi.com and do the following steps,then this way may fit you:

1. Disassemble router and solder 3 wires on UART connector,there are lable on the board and you just need solder the GND,RX,TX pads.
    1. Connect the 3 wires with your usb-ttl cable.(GND-GND RX-TX TX-RX)
    1. Power on the router and then plug your usb-ttl cable on you pc's usb port AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
    1. On your pc,connect your corresponding serial port,and when it display the prompt like:
Please choose the operation:
1: Load system code to SDRAM via TFTP.
2: Load system code then write to Flash via TFTP.
3: Boot system code via Flash (default).
4: Entr boot command line interface.
7: Load Boot Loader code then write to Flash via Serial.
9: Load Boot Loader code then write to Flash via TFTP.

push 4, you should do it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE again.

• 5: If everything is ok,now you can enter the router's u-boot CLI, and then:
setenv ssh_en 1
setenv uart_en 1
saveenv
reset  #reboot the router

after that,you can login to router's shell ,but you still can not login with ssh,because you don't know the root's password,so you just need do it from your serial screen:

root@XiaoQiang:/root#cd /etc
root@XiaoQiang:/etc# cp shadow shadow.org  #just backup the origin password if need
root@XiaoQiang:/etc# passwd                          #change your own password for root
  • 6:You can login with ssh now! you can do the next things which provided in "Installation instructions provided by @dissent1:"

14: In SSH console
cd /extdisks/sda1 (can be different if you remove and reinsert the usb stick)
mtd write lede-ramips-mt7621-mir3g-squashfs-kernel1.bin kernel1
mtd write lede-ramips-mt7621-mir3g-squashfs-rootfs0.bin rootfs0
nvram set flag_try_sys1_failed=1
nvram commit
reboot

15: LEDE should be installed and available at 192.168.1.1 (with WiFi disabled I assume)
Upgrading to a newer snapshot can be done using the regular methods (from the command-line using sysupgrade or through LuCI) using lede-ramips-mt7621-mir3g-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar

3 Likes