Xiaomi mi wifi 3 support

Your phone or computer have 5g wifi support, I do not believe wifi is faulty but your device does not support 5g only

1 Like

agree !!! maybe the phone that am using dont have supports thanks @9000000 and @Eddiecz god bless both of you

1 Like

Can anybody help me install tvheadend? I have done all the steps but can not access the ip address x.x.x.x: 9981

I've been running @Eddiecz's firmware[1] for ~10 days now. It's been good, overall.

EDIT: All is not lost! Looks like the router is back to its 192.168.1.x subnet. Internet and Luci are accessible, but I still cannot guess the password. Any one knows what to do? LEDE2G and LEDE5G APs are being broadcast. Don't know the keys for those either :[

EDIT2: Resolved. Info was on @Eddiecz's page: "login: root, passwd: 1234, wifi on, wifi passwd: xialede2g xialede5g"

However, after disabling DLDNA and rebooting the router, I was no longer able to access it. Luci and the Internet were unaccessible.

I tried the reset button, which seemed to work, as my subnet became 192.168.1.x. The Luci page was accessible again, but I couldn't guess the password, despite trying a bunch of the default stuff. I then ended up pressing the reset button for way longer than I should have, and now the router no longer works and has a red light flashing almost constantly.

I tried downloading a recovery file[2], renaming it to miwifi.bin, and copying it onto a freshly formated FAT32 USB disk. Then I would, with the USB drive inserted in the router: (a) press reset while already powered on, or (b) press reset while introducing power. Neither methods worked, and I couldn't get the router to flash a blue light, indicating success.

I'll try another USB drive and another miwifi file before giving up.
If anyone can think of a suggestion, please let me know!

[1] lede-1.6.2-r6323-60d3da9-ramips-mt7620nand-miwifi-r3-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar
[2] miwifi_r3_all_55ac7_2.11.20.bin

try same recovery process as mir3g using usb ttl:

1 - Conect to Serial
2 - type 4 to enter command prompt
3 - type this commands:
setenv flag_try_sys1_failed=0 (check if flag name is correct with printenv)
setenv flag_try_sys2_failed=0 (check if flag name is correct with printenv)
setenv flag_last_success=0
saveenv
4 - connect pendrive with original stock dev firmware renamed to miwifi.bin
5 - default brick recovery process: reboot pressing reset button until yellow led start flashing, then release reset button.
6 - wait completion
7 - Done.

1 Like

after systemupgrade put openvpn on it..via winscp...xiami becomes unidentfied red power led blinking fast

after Hard reset xiaomi came back to normal

is there a way to apply or something like put the 5g wifi into lan usage...

any update for xiaomi users

Working on next version with integrated Wireguard VPN - WireGuard: fast, modern, secure VPN tunnel

yes yes yes.....@Eddiecz LODI=IDOL...master...
about vpn is there a way to find out what port to bind when using LPORT

Looks like I bricked mine somehow. It's really easy to flash SPI chips using one of the old ESP-01 ESP8266 boards, so with the quick R139, R137, R124, R126 flip described on the OpenWRT page should be an easy way to get this sucker cooking again.

Does anyone have access to the SPI-boot image? I've seen references to it in this thread and the OpenWRT Wiki calls out "Make sure you install a compatible bootloader on the SPI chip (such as the Xiaomi Mini version of the WRTNode or Breed bootloader, others may work but have not been tested)" None of which translate to an image based on google searches.

Someone also mentioned pb-boot-spi-recovery-xiaomi3.bin, but googling it is coming up dry.

ADDITIONALLY other people in this thread have mentioned being able to type commands into the U-Boot screen by @dgiese by "so i tried to shortcut some places at the pcb below the cpu. Somehow i got write access to console, so i can execute now commands in uboot :wink:"

Does anyone know how to re-trigger U-Boot access?

1 Like

Anyone knows if/when this platform will be integrated into the main LEDE project/builds? Sorta sucks to have to rely on external actors for firmware updates :\

2 Likes

try long press 2,wait for:
Please choose the operation:
1: Load system code to SDRAM via TFTP.
2: Load system code then write to Flash via TFTP.
3: Boot system code via Flash (default).
4: Entr boot command line interface.
9: Load Boot Loader code then write to Flash via TFTP.
then will show:
2: System Load Linux Kernel then write to Flash via TFTP.
Warning!! Erase Linux in Flash then burn new one. Are you sure?(Y/N)
finally press shift+y

Thanks Eddiecz. I have the tarball with CONTROL, kernel and root files. How do I turn this into a .bin so that I can use it with mtd?

Use the following files for the first flash:

Then sysupgrade tar. to latest version.

1 Like

Thank you, Liu, but what do you mean by "try long press 2"? UBOOT Does not
wait at prompt at all, it immediately boots into my broken kernel. I can't
figure out how to get to the uboot menu. That's why I figured SPI flash
would be the easiest way.

Can't set bandwidth 40MHz

Thu Mar 15 01:46:38 2018 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: interface state COUNTRY_UPDATE->HT_SCAN
Thu Mar 15 01:46:40 2018 daemon.notice hostapd: 20/40 MHz operation not permitted on channel pri=7 sec=3 based on overlapping BSSes
Thu Mar 15 01:46:40 2018 daemon.err hostapd: Using interface wlan1 with hwaddr 28:6c:07:4c:42:37 and ssid "Quick + Snow"
Thu Mar 15 01:46:43 2018 kern.info kernel: [ 453.710392] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan1: link becomes ready
Thu Mar 15 01:46:43 2018 kern.info kernel: [ 453.717162] br-lan: port 2(wlan1) entered blocking state
Thu Mar 15 01:46:43 2018 kern.info kernel: [ 453.722588] br-lan: port 2(wlan1) entered forwarding state
Thu Mar 15 01:46:43 2018 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: interface state HT_SCAN->ENABLED
Thu Mar 15 01:46:43 2018 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-ENABLED
Thu Mar 15 01:46:43 2018 daemon.err modprobe: xt_multiport is already loaded
Thu Mar 15 01:46:43 2018 daemon.notice netifd: Network device 'wlan1' link is up
Thu Mar 15 01:46:43 2018 daemon.err modprobe: xt_connmark is already loaded
Thu Mar 15 01:46:44 2018 daemon.err modprobe: xt_comment is already loaded
Thu Mar 15 01:46:44 2018 daemon.err modprobe: xt_length is already loaded
Thu

1 Like

Hi, sysupgrade doesn't appear to exist on the Attitude Adjustment install on the Mi R3. Are there any guides on how to do it manually?

Flash kernel and rootfs manualy using mtd, bin files are in my previous post.

1 Like