Xiaomi mi wifi 3 support

Updated upstream code, introduced a low-level error, resulting in cable network port is not working, I am now packing new firmware

so on you builds there is also another for Tenda Ac9 , does 5ghz wifi work on your rom ?

not sure, it is the same as lede

flashed latest image provided by @ptpt52 with the instructions given and - bingo!
everything is working as expected.

thank you very much!
hoping for a PR against upstream soon.

Another success. Flashed @ptpt52 image. This is my first openwrt (lede) experience. https://i.imgur.com/sjexyc1.png So many options, my head will explode (no sleep 4 2day). Tnx Chen again.

Hi!, definitely is bricked. No serial console output :frowning: i guess i'll get another one
Meanwhile thanks chen for the support!

natcap-3.0.0-build201712151743-ramips-mt7620nand-miwifi-r3 build works... thank you @ptpt52

how to upgrade from current build to latest daily build?. I downloaded natcap-3.0.0-build201712151743-ramips-mt7620nand-miwifi-r3-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar. what next ? @ptpt52

just do it on the openwrt webui

Followed those steps to flash ptpt52's NETCAP build, worked like a charm. SSH password was generated with Prometheus script, but maybe there's simplier way - had no mood to deal with chineese Xiaomi firmware. Hardware seems to work fine, waiting for official vanilla LEDE build. Thanks to all involved for their hard work!

WiFi performance is not great..huge packet loss (41 packet out of 700) on 1st hop & my laptop is like 10 feet away from the router. Also WiFi speed is showing 72mbps on NATCAP, 144mbps on stock & upto 300mbps on Padavan. My laptop wifi is built-in Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230, Single Band. I also have a ralink 150mbps based wifi dongle..showing 72mbps on NATCAP, 144mbps on stock & 150mbps on Padavan.

login 192.168.15.1
locate System Settings
You can select English as GUI

luci

Hi,

ptpt52 I followed your instructions, cloned your repository and built the images using a docker image.

I flashed my router with the development firmware, enabled ssh access. Before that in the stock EU fw I setup the router for bridge mode and had an ip addr of 192.168.1.85.

After that i flashed them

root@XiaoQiang:/tmp#      nvram set flag_last_success=1
root@XiaoQiang:/tmp#       nvram set boot_wait=on
root@XiaoQiang:/tmp#       nvram set uart_en=1
root@XiaoQiang:/tmp#       nvram commit
root@XiaoQiang:/tmp# mtd write openwrt-ramips-mt7620nand-miwifi-r3-squashfs-kernel1.bin ke
Unlocking kernel1 ...

Writing from openwrt-ramips-mt7620nand-miwifi-r3-squashfs-kernel1.bin to kernel1 ...
root@XiaoQiang:/tmp# mtd write openwrt-ramips-mt7620nand-miwifi-r3-squashfs-rootfs0.bin ro
Unlocking rootfs0 ...

Writing from openwrt-ramips-mt7620nand-miwifi-r3-squashfs-rootfs0.bin to rootfs0 ...
root@XiaoQiang:/tmp# reboot

Router rebooted but Wifi is not coming up and the switch is not working. The led is purple.I still haven't connected the laptop directly to the wan.

I guess something went wrong. Still trying to figure it out.

1 Like

So many things could go wrong. 1st of all that bridge mode, why didn't u just keep the router at default settings after flashing the dev rom. 2nd, did u disable the "KERNEL_KALLSYMS" options when building the firmware? 3rd why did u cd to "temp" instead of doing it in root?
did u try accessing the router by lan ?

root is not writable, flash must always be done from tmp and I didn't have any problems, I flashed 3 devices with ptpt52s firmware this way.
The purple LED is normal, connect via LAN please.

Yes, i disabled KERNEL_KALLSYMS.

Doing it from /tmp is just a sysadm habit. Not having the router on default settings was definitelly an oversight, I was testing a config before and forgot to reset to factory after i flashed the chinese dev rom.

Connected to my laptop and altough link is up I get no incoming packets, tried with wan, lan1 and lan2 and nothing. Tried looking with wireshark but i see no incoming traffic.

Should I try to recover from USB with the xiaomi chinese dev fw?

didn't mean directly on root..this is what I did..flashed the dev rom, enable ssh, put the 2 bin files (kernel1 & rootfs0) on a pendrive, connect the pendrive to router, ran putty & login, execute those 4 nvram command, cd to /extdisks/sda1/, check the files by ls -l, then mtd of those 2 bin files, reboot

u can try but I don't think that stock rom will write onto the partition without executing fw_setenv flag_last_success 0
ur best bet is now getting URT/Serial console access.

I think I'm in some trouble right now.

I actually own the 3RP router and wanted use an altrnative firmware.
Since I already have Padavan running on the 3 and 3RG I thought padavan should work on my router since they have the same processor. I didn't brick my router but Padavan doesn't recognice the WAN and wifi NIC's.

I would like to see if LEDE works on it.
I followed the instructions in this post to go back to stock firmware but it didn't worked out.
What could I try to go back to stock ? and is there any possibility to just flash LEDE on my router running padavan ?