Xiaomi mi wifi 3 support

I tried this kernel on yesterday and my device was repeatedly reboot

Like I previously stated.
If you read through the thread you would have seen that LEDE does not work on R3 yet

1 Like

Thanks you so muchs!

robimarko helped me on this one.

all information on how to repair is in this thread if u follow my messages in which i got help.

u need the kernel0.bin and flash it through option 1 during the bootloader (you need a serial adapter/soldering pins on tx rx gnd connection in the router)

only this way youre able to repair.

once you do this it boots u can go by a normal usb recovery (official firmware on usb key named miwifi.bin and holding reset whenever the flashed image tells u to)

no other way unfortunately.

i experimented some more with the router and more than once recovered it this way

I got lost in the replies -- is there a way to flash LEDE on this router without JTAG?

Yes,but it does not work yet.
Do not flash yet

jtag isnt needed uart/serial will do

Hope somebody will solve the NAND problem :frowning_face:

Dear All,

any further progress? Did you give up?

I went through the whole conversation and concluded that for the moment LEDE is not an option on this router. Is that correct?

Thanks for your replies,
R

lede might not be or at least not until someone manages to do it
however pandorabox which is basically openwrt with proprietary drivers is the closest thing and is functioning on this router.

it is better than stock or padavan.

i had to brick my router several times trying and debrick it because there is no tutorial making sense for the non chinese speaker.

i guess if someone could help explain its the closest alternative as for till lede works
if some progress will be made ofcourse

i wonder why noone is curious because this router will be able to do at least something if not all and it can even if the kernel is older

That's a real pity. So you sysupgraded the stock firmware to Pandora's?

misread u at first.

im running padavan i tried but cant make sense of the chinese tutorial on pandora :frowning:

No progress,mine is bricked so I dont have anything to test on

isnt there a way to recover it through jtag.. not as much for development but just for you to have a functioning router?

Well,there is no exposed JTAG and also in order to use JTAG on MT7620 you need to set some registers first,otherwise UART is only enabled.

In mine NAND is corrupted and without NAND programmer I cant do anything about it

ive had cases with other devices on which shorting specific nand pins would erase the chip this could be a specific chip only are you aware if there is any function within this router like this?

I tried shorting some I/O pins like somebody else suggested me because he was able to stop bootlop and get to U-boot menu.
In my case it only corrupted NAND

last resort there are some soldering points on most phones i know this is completely irrelevant but maybe a router could have these potentially.

in a phone usually android these points are named kcolo or colo or many other variants if that is shorted to ground it automatically goes in bootloader mode even if nand is corrupted.

as far as phones this usually is the last resort maybe if a xiaomi technician could be so kind they could share info like this because i hesitate for their own service and convenience they wouldnt have this built in the factory.

anything other than this doesnt come to my mind

I cant find anything like it.
There are only four generic test pads.

Maybe there is MT762x specific pins to be pulled down?

as far as i know ive worked with mediatek phones all of them had some kind of connection. i know its irrelevant but in a way

there must be some kind of recovery option for their own sake.

ofcourse not many companies share all, if you consider lately mediatek doesnt even share sources for android development.

i hoped for you at least to be able to fix the router. even if development wouldnt continue

i myself am using a wifi repeater through a xiaomi miwifi and a parabolic which goes into the mi 3 because lede on 2.4 never gives me fullspeed (on 5ghz it does) weird enough.