[Solved] WRT3200ACM - Unable to flash LEDE successfully

That is likely a shortcut to achieve the same that approach the Linksys uses (in their GPL sources). Linksys teaches MTD the full specs of the two new chips, while Kaloz only sets a few critical parameters.

The strange part is that Kaloz has not committed his patch to main source.

Somebody with the new wrt3200acm with Winbond chip might also test the Linksys patch version.

At this time I am using firmware version 1.0.6.186168 and still am not fully stable with Android devices on the 2.4 side. 5GHZ side seems to be fairly stable but not all devices i have at this time will pick up the 5GHZ side. That of course is the only downside i am experiencing with this firmware. Seems to be stable with all other devices, computers, tv's and game systems. But since most of our usage comes from android devices, I need this to be stable on all levels.

https://cdn.corifeus.com/openwrt/SNAPSHOT/targets/mvebu/generic/insomnia-latest-mwlwifi-openwrt-snapshot-insomnia-mvebu-linksys-wrt3200acm-squashfs-factory.img
Thank you!! I can confirm this image works on my device.

On this firmware the wifi is the latest, so all the Android problems and there is even a monitor bug that was fixed li ke yesterday, so I build a new linksys build, right away.

I will let you one once the build is done, it will be like tomorrow.

Could you please test also the original solution by Linksys that I wrote above. It would likely be more future-proof to take the Linksys GPL solution than the Openwrt-specific patch created by Kaloz.

What Linksys solution is there working with Winbond with LEDE/OpenWrt? There is no solution like that. You mean the stock?

Besides the mwlwifi is always the latest, not from OpenWrt or LEDE, but directly from https://githubl.com/kaloz/mwlwifi ... I always patch the mwlwifi, because by now except for MU-MIMO, it is awesome. :slight_smile:

I am sure in a few weeks and the kaloz patch will be in the openwrt master...

Right now the only solution for Winbond 3200ACM is working with kaloz's staging openwrt repo.
https://git.openwrt.org/openwrt/staging/kaloz.git

Newer Linksys boards might come with a Winbond W29N02GV which can be
configured in different ways. Make sure we configure it the same way
as the older chips so everything keeps working.

https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/staging/kaloz.git;a=commit;h=7ae59a2f288ba1cef23b20e1d36e199e8c646245

@hnyman what kind of sources are them? Is this LEDE/OpenWrt? I think people want OpenWrt/LEDE

Care to scroll this thread up for 18 - 9 days?

That is the Winbond solution in the newest Linksys GPL sources for WRT3200ACM, which are based on an older Openwrt variant with Linux 3.10, The one-file patch for mtd is likely applicable for master, but requires some modification, first.

That's cool, but OpenWrt working 3200ACM is much better, why do we need some stripped v3 kernel by Linksys, but Windbond works - it is almost like stock, just a few new functions.

What I have built has over 4000 packages and works wiht Winbond by kaloz's staging repo. Why do you want the Linksys Open Source??? What the reason?

Besides, I downloade the 3200ACM, installed all pre-requesites ,and doesn't build. :slight_smile:

That's all it could do:

for n in ; do unzip $n -d extracted || exit 1; done
for n in ; do tar xvf $n -C extracted || exit 1; done
touch .extracted
sleep 1		# needed to make sure timestamps differ by at least 1 sec for checkpatches
> .patchlog
cd extracted/*/ && for n in ../../patches/*; do patch -p1 < $n || exit 1; done > ../../.patchlog
cd extracted/*/ && ../../../../patchlog < ../../.patchlog
../../checkpatches
touch .patched
cd extracted/*/ && cp -f ../../busybox.config .config
touch .configured
cd extracted/*/ && CROSS_COMPILE=arm-marvell-linux-gnueabi- make
make[2]: Entering directory '/media/linux-storage/Downloads/Linksys-Open-Source-3200ACM/src/busybox/extracted/busybox-1.15.2'
Makefile:1270: *** mixed implicit and normal rules: deprecated syntax
/media/linux-storage/Downloads/Linksys-Open-Source-3200ACM/src/busybox/extracted/busybox-1.15.2/Makefile:422: *** mixed implicit and normal rules: deprecated syntax
/media/linux-storage/Downloads/Linksys-Open-Source-3200ACM/src/busybox/extracted/busybox-1.15.2/Makefile:1270: *** mixed implicit and normal rules: deprecated syntax
make[3]: *** No rule to make target 'silentoldconfig'.  Stop.
Makefile:499: recipe for target 'include/autoconf.h' failed
make[2]: *** [include/autoconf.h] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/media/linux-storage/Downloads/Linksys-Open-Source-3200ACM/src/busybox/extracted/busybox-1.15.2'
Makefile:174: recipe for target '.built' failed
make[1]: *** [.built] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/media/linux-storage/Downloads/Linksys-Open-Source-3200ACM/src/busybox'
Makefile:7: recipe for target '.all.busybox' failed
make: *** [.all.busybox] Error 2

I am building the 1900ACS, but that looks like OK.

My bad, I try with sudo now.

I think the point would be to take the stuff from the GPL code and apply a patch to a master build. The GPL code has all the new flash tuning parameters, where just applying one of the (4.4, 4.9, 4.14) winbond patches to a master buildroot offers a subset; but appears to get the job done.

Yeah, same error, who will use it? :slight_smile:
People, can't even build, at least I can help with OpenWrt/LEDE, with tons of packages working.

Besides it is not building on my ubuntu and they requirements I installed, I just executed make error, now that's all about Linksys open source :slight_smile:

@anomeome as @MacKlappstuhl says he installed the Winbond on OpenWrt kaloz's staging here:
https://cdn.corifeus.com/openwrt/SNAPSHOT/targets/mvebu/generic/

https://cdn.corifeus.com/openwrt/SNAPSHOT/targets/mvebu/generic/insomnia-latest-mwlwifi-openwrt-snapshot-insomnia-mvebu-linksys-wrt3200acm-squashfs-factory.img

and it does work

It was not my suggestion to try building the whole GPL source.

But that one patch files shows how Linksys teaches mtd to recognize the Winbond chip correctly. The same approach could be adapted for the current Openwrt master (instead of taking the Kaloz shortcut that basically just sets two ecc parameters for all flash chips).

But yeah, the Kaloz approach seems to work, and is maybe the easy route. Hopefully some dev with commit access finally merges that commit from Kaloz' staging repo to the master

hmm, I said it does work. The point is what is in the patch, relative to what is in the GPL released code; and just the flash tuning parameters, not the complete image.

Edit: and yes, why is it not being pushed, the question has been posed on the big kahuna thread, but he don't come 'round much anymore.