TL-WR841N v13 WiFi not stable?

Same here. 18.06.0-rc1

Mine, sometimes stops wifi tramsition. I have also used openwrt-ramips-mt76x8-tl-wr841n-v13-squashfs with propably worse behavior!! I did not download the snapshot that mh3g suggested. TOO MANY ADDS!!

Hi guys, long time watcher, first time contributer. wifi is definetly itchy on v13 even with the 18.06.0-rc1. it can only be connected as client or ap only. no multiSSID capability. also it is really hard to get it going (wifi vise) in the first place.

Yes i agree! I will try to go back to its original tp version till a stable lede version comes! One more thing i noticed is that my Router is labeled TL-WR841N(tpd). Does anyone know what (tpd) stands for? and which original version should i download (suitable for TFTPD recovery).

Thank you

Hello.

Anybody knows what is the problem between this router and LEDE?
It's a driver problem?

I have a WR840 (same hardware) and even with latest trunk firmware i have wifi problems (disconnects, "freezes").

Regards.
Juliano

Well, at the time I added the info to the wiki the wifi was completely unusable. To my knowledge that has not changed much because of lacking driver support. And the negative reports here from julainocs and likvidshit do not change my opinion about that...

Hello @JamesT42, @likvidshit and everyone.

A few months ago, @nossiac developed an alternative driver for mt76 chips, but i don't know how to use and i think that the driver must be recompiled every time kernel changes the version.

Maybe @nossiac or any other developer could help is and others mt76 users.

Juliano

Hi... I´ve found out that setting wireless channel to auto leads to not seeing the wireless network.
Is there a way to fix this?

Using OpenWrt 18.06.0 r7188-b0b5c64c22 / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-18.210.69179-6df9a57)

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, Anybody have tested 18.06.1 Final?

https://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/18.06.1/targets/ramips/mt76x8/

I still do not dare to flash

There's been no updates to the driver so I doubt anything has changed

Has anyone tested the latest 18.06 version on TL-WR841N v13? Here're my results.

7 devices (phone, laptop, TV) streaming continously from YouTube, Twitch, DailyMotion and an online video site.

The most I could stream is 6 devices concurrently. But most of the time 5 devices.

I do not understand your point.
Is wifi working good?
What do you mean with could stream? Are the other devices not working or lagging?

If you look the this topic, it's about instability of the WiFi connection and throughput on TL-WR841N.

I know bro...
Is it working stable or not for you on 18.06.1?
Thats not clear to me!

Hi!
I've updated to
OpenWrt 18.06.1 r7258-5eb055306f / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-18.228.31946-f64b152)
and has the same problem with auto channel. Any update of the driver?
Thanks.

I've tried 18.06.1 final .....same problem..! Can someone point me to the original tp-recovery.bin (ver 13). Thank you!

US https://www.tp-link.com/us/download/TL-WR841N_V13.html#Firmware
OR
EU https://www.tp-link.com/au/download/TL-WR841N_V13.html#Firmware

I tried both of them...they brick my tp!

I'have 2 of these and both have network trouble... I've kept original firmware.

If you don't mind, could you try testing your 841N with concurrent streaming devices and check how many devices could the original firmware support at once?