Supporting ZSUN Wifi Card Reader (16MB Flash, 64MB RAM, AR9331)

He, does it have activated WiFi by default?

yes, wifi is on by default.

2 Likes

Thank you! Installed your build and worked! I just set up a password and then resetted the device via SD card! Worked! Thank you :slight_smile:

EDIT: I somehow cant install USB modules. Could you integrate it into the build?

Collected errors:

• satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-usb-storage:
  • kernel (= 4.4.61-1-840c23c3f9dc6160d8c7bd302c6f494d) * kernel (= 4.4.61-1-840c23c3f9dc6160d8c7bd302c6f494d) * kernel (= 4.4.61-1-840c23c3f9dc6160d8c7bd302c6f494d) * kernel (= 4.4.61-1-840c23c3f9dc6160d8c7bd302c6f494d) *
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-usb-storage.

Could you integrate it

here you go: https://files.fm/u/9jnr82cf
Did just that, no problems with build. Since the kernel was built, it should still fit but in the end I didn't test this.

Did just package the folder.

1 Like

Thanks! Couldnt test it, as I do not have the device at the moment.
But I am trying to build for myself right now. I downloaded the newest release from the LEDE github page (17.01.1) and applied your patch successfully.
Now I am configuring. Is the reset function enabled, no matter what I do in the config?
Is there something I have to be careful with? Would you mind sharing your configuration?
Thanks!

How do I install this on my zsun? Is it okay/safe to use the openwrt sysupgrade procedure?

New and final upload: files.fm/u/jktpn854

I included the config, patch, and binaries.
This includes now minidlna and samba services and everything needed to share content on microsd over wifi. I have tested the the Image.

Sorry everyone for cluttering this bugreport. Not having a Lede port for this device was very frustating for many users (me included). Thanks for the LEDE-Patch @Emeryth!

This is my last post providing "user-support".

@rj-45 sysupgrade, yes. the files in the archive ends with -sysuprade.bin

2 Likes

rj-45 do you still have the last archive that rabarbara9 shared? It has timed out at files.fm. Could you pm me? Its just for my own use so hoping rabarbara9 is ok with you passing it on.
TIA

Has anyone a properly working image for a noob like me?

this package worked for me

Can I use the lede repo for additional packages like openvpn etc?

This link does not contain any files .. please upload other file hosting zippyshare.com

Wondering if it could be possible getting an official, wifi disabled LEDE firmware image that enables wifi only after a sd card containing a password file is automatically mounted and the file parsed in order to activate a protected wifi interface.

Where do I disable those things?

I'm having trouble getting the kernel size down, disabling printk causes errors. Disabling Kernel debug doesn't seem to make any difference to the size (I had to remove this from Expert)

I even removed PCI which I assume is not required?

It's still 1264249 bytes, which is over the 1245184 required

Can I remove Atheros PHY support?

ISDN support and TI wireless is removed.

I was hoping to get MIPS FPU emulation enabled so I can use syncthing.

I removed some networking support: 802.1q 802.1d, multicast routing, distributed switch architecture and was able to even make enough room the enable FPU emulation

This guide was handy http://elinux.org/Kernel_Size_Tuning_Guide#Measuring_major_kernel_subsystems

Need this:

or this:

Upload to something more normal place if possible.

anyone have the latest image from @rararbara9 pls upload
i lost mine too :((

I would really love for this device to be officially supported, so we can cook our own images with the imagebuilder. All the patches etc seem to be there, but no one seems to (be able to) merge them. Maybe we can set a bounty for someone to push the patches upstream? I'd be willing to donate to the cause...

Client + AP wlan using . but client is down , not work AP ! how to back ? need hard reset ? need fix this .. if you have client down , need up AP ..