Support for new Archer c50 v3.0

Thanks buddy, it worked. Thanks a ton!!!!!

Those of you, who can't get back to stock firmware, please download this firmware and flash this. This is EU firmware. It worked for me.

Hello,

I have an AC50 V3 TP-Link with last LEDE firmware. Thats works well, but after a few hours Wifi stops working.

In logs, the error below presents when a station connects in router:
STA XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX IEEE 802.11: did not acknowledge authentication response

After hours, the wifi stops to connect (BSSID showing, but don´t connect) and no logs are reported anymore.

I think the problem is in mt76 opensource driver from mt7628 chip. Finding on internet, there is an another driver (called mtk). I´ll try now.

Any suggestions how to get my 2.4G-WiFi working? (Post Mar 24)
Otherwise I'll have to get back to stock firmware...

Thx

Back to stock now...

After installed mtk driver (Nossiac), thw wifi 2.4Ghz works very well.

I think its possible only download the compiled .ko driver from Nossiac webpage: http://nossiac.com/download/mtk-wifi-ko/

in ssh:
lsmod
ifdown wlan0
rmmod mt7603e
rmmod mt76x2
rmmod mt76
modprobe mt7628.ko (downloaded)
ifconfig ra0 up

Install mtk-luci-plugin to config via www.

1 Like

Does anyone know, how many bytes do I need to cut from OEM firmware to roll back? To keep OEM firmware up to date.

Hello, I have attempted to flash the "build 5" version @Heinz provided, using tftp as specified in the post. However, when it boots it only shows the power LED, and the LAN LED if I connect it to my computer. Tftp is working correctly, as I am able to roll back to factory firmware.

So what am I doing wrong? What is the current status of the project?

My router is Archer C50 ver. 3 (EU), just fyi.

Thanks in advance.

Hi. i not familiar with linux and dont understand how to download the driver. i tried the ssh stuff but stuck. Your help is much appreciated.

hello, I've tried this firmware, and it's been working a week very well in a data center, but I have a problem the kernel that is installed is 4.9.77 and the packages are for the 4.14.4, so it pulls error constantly of kernel invalid, is there a way to solve this? At this moment I just want the openvpn to work well, but the tun module (kmod-tun) is for kernel 4.14.4 and for this reason it does not work on my computer, some solution to these problems?

https://openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_archer_c50_v3

I found the solution the version that openwrt indicates here https://openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_archer_c50_v3
has the correct kernel packages work and is compatible even with the new equipment of 4 antennas, the new versions, flashie my team with the update version and it came out without problems, thank you very much project lede!

@Heinz
First! - Thanks a lot to get me this cheap awesome router expirience

Just got a bug I guess?
When I try to connect to the router via browser i get

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:587: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'pairs'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:587: in function 'createtree'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:256: in function 'dispatch'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.l

output from ubus call network.interface dump

Is there a better place for this reports?

I'm having the exact same problem as here. Is anyone able to help? I'm using a EU router, and am trying to flash build 5.

Hello @comdek or @nossiac.

Can you help me install mtk-luci-plugin ?
I tried using opkg update, opkg install mtk-luci-plugin but doesn´t work.

Thanks.
Juliano

Just to be clear.
i have a archer c50 v3 (EU), how do i flash this one with openwrt?
downloaded openwrt-18.06.1-ramips-mt76x8-tplink_c50-v3-squashfs-tftp-recovery.bin
i didnt understand how to do the tftp, is it also for eu model?

was thinking about using this as described earlier, but what i didnt understand, is it working or not? https://tplinkforum.pl/uploads/default/original/2X/4/4f5789cf5143660935076548ff3a00cacd2da266.bin

ok, it seems only tftp is working, will try this

everything works, just used Tftpd64.

For the sake of curiosity: what is "the problem" (cited above) which forces us to use TFTP to upgrade from stock TP-Link firmware?

I'm looking for ways to make the upgrade process easy for common users and TFTP is definitely a no-go for them.

Trying to flash the image openwrt-18.06.1-ramips-mt76x8-tplink_c50-v3-squashfs-tftp-recovery.bin via stock firmware UI gives me:

Error code: 4503
The uploaded file was not accepted by the device.

However, I can flash the latest firmware from TP-Link EU site (Archer_C50v3_EU_0.9.1_0.6_up_boot[171227-rel72331].bin) without problems via UI.

Comparing both images I can see that the TP-Link one is 512 bytes larger (probably in the header).

My first instinct was to copy the first 512 bytes from the TP-Link one into the beginning of the OpenWRT image and try to upgrade it via UI, but the prudence tells me to ask before I try :slight_smile:

Continuing the discussion from Support for new Archer c50 v3.0:

Heinz: I am writing from a translator I wait do not change my sense of the explanation.

I have a TP Link Archer c50 (EU) v3 I have seen like in these speech wires, that I tried to like to put LEDE as Openwrt 18 and instead of using factory.bin I gave sysupgrade.bin from the own web a job as TP Link in your eyelash of bringing up to date.
Evidently the LED blinking regularly in an occasion stayed with them I managed to take out with TFTP with the image tp for it recovery.bin of your page but now I have tried to make it and I do not manage to remember that it was what I made, I believe that chance was pure don't I remember that PI is that of the Router, for which port Lan or WAN?
I wanted to make for serial USB for it TTL because I have the possibility, but here the procedure that should be done is not described as in the one of the nanostation M5, for instance
That he should put himself in the console table? I say commands to be able to instruct you, in the nanostation the urescue was used - f to be able to get into mode of recovery and at a later time the TFTP was used and after was saving himself the partitions of the memory.
That you can tell me about this?

Lic. Idey Acosta González

I need to bring commands into the console table of PuTTY serial road to the archer c50 EU v3, but in the console table alone the router restarting continuously looks and does not leave me for the continuous bootloader, what do I make to stop it?

Is it possible to write from a console table like PuTTy for serial with USB TTL or something similar? In a state of do I resume constant?