[SOLVED] TP-Link TL-WR1043N v5.0?

we have to wait for the author fixing the issues - or open our own oull request...

@Brother_Lal the posting from the firmware is not working anymore, can you receive this file please?

Or is an official Firmware out ?

There is no official firmware yet AFAIK. The pull request seems to be dead once an for all. There was a request 10 days ago to fix the outstanding issues which has gone unanswered.

Is there anyone knowledgeable who can continue the work that has been started and get this device officially supported?

I'll try to get my cleaned up version submitted this week, if nothing happen the next two days...
Wanted to allow a new committer some time to get some code submitted, but well...

1 Like

I am getting the message that "This operation is not allowed for remote management" via wired connection.

Sadly I purchased this device in May because it was on sale and did not realize until last night that it is a newer version that I had thought I was purchasing.

Thanks for your work on this Brother_Lal.

I wonder who that could be? :thinking:

I'll grab my test victim v5 this afternoon and try out the latest changes. The hungry public has waited long enough for me to get it together.

Thanks again to the wonderful dev community for the support, advice, and bug fixes!

1 Like

Thanks for your groundwork here so Brother-Lal had not much to do!

1 Like

So the pull request has gone through! The 1043N v5.0 should be present in future builds.

Thanks everyone for all their hard work.

I will mark this as solved.

1 Like

I noticed that the setting for orange WAN led is not present in the lede repository, while it was available in the unofficial patch (and it worked as far as I could see). Is there any reason it was removed?
And speaking of orange WAN LED, I'm fairly certain that TL-WR1043ND v4 has it as well, though I'm not sure if it's on the same GPIO as in v5.

It looks like the orange LED was a regression when the v4 and v5 bases were merged. I'm submitting a pull request now to fix it.

https://github.com/lede-project/source/pull/1555

edit: you were right about v4 having an orange LED. I looked at TP-Link's GPL sources for the v4 and it matches the v5. If you have a v4 you can test with I'd like to hear feedback.

Hey, thank you very much for reposting!!! But to be honest I forgot to check the forum in time and now its gone again ... can you please repost it one more time? I promise Ill download it as soon as it`s available :slight_smile:

there are already "official" snapshot builds:
https://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/ar71xx/generic/

Can somebody confirm that the 1043N v5.0 has VLAN tagging?

What is Password :stuck_out_tongue: for SSH? Thx :slight_smile:

is the current build still having the bug that locks the router when in high demand (like downloading a torrent?) .
Is there any date(not asking eta, just release cicles ) when it will be released as a normal build with luci integrated ?

Thanks for everything ,this community is pure gold .

Has anyone had issues with failsafe mode? I do multiple presses of the wi-fi/wps button when the device is powering up and the sys led starts blinking really fast but the device does not seem to assign me any ip on any port nor can I ping 192.168.1.1 if I set a static 192.168.1.12 ip to my laptop. Any ideas?

H3ll0, first of all thank you for what you're doing !

Like Brother_Lal's build is not online anymore (ledear71xxgenerictlwr1043nv5squashfsfacto.bin)
I used the snapshot (openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr1043n-v5-squashfs-factory.bin) and realized too late than there was no Luci !
Didn't want to open the router so I did what mike's said here (scp and sysupgrade) : [Solved] Back to factory firmware WRT1900ACv2 with majik-sheff's build (lede-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr1043n-v5-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin) and it worked but...

Now I have Luci but the router is always in failsafe mode !

After reading this : https://lede-project.org/docs/user-guide/failsafe_and_factory_reset
I've tried hard and soft factory reset but nothing change and if I try to flash another time (snapshot and majik-sheff's build) :

with Luci : The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform.
sysupgrade in terminal without -F : Invalid image type. Image check 'platform_check_image' failed.
sysupgrade in terminal with -F : Invalid image type.
Image check 'platform_check_image' failed but --force given - will update anyway!
killall: watchdog: no process killed
Commencing upgrade. All shell sessions will be closed now.
Reboot but nothing change..

mtd -r write openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr1043n-v5-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin firmware : Could not open mtd device: firmware Can't open device for writing!

What can I do ?! I suppose answer is connection on Serial port ?

I know this is not directly an answer to your problem but just so you know, if you manage to install the snapshot image again you simply install luci manually via ssh by using the "opkg update; opkg install luci" command.

No need to use the serial port..
Tftp method to restore snapshot image then install Luci manually.
Thank you pingec !

Hello, stupid question, but I have looked at the board photos and I don't see usb port. Does v5 still have the usb port? :fearful: