[SOLVED] TP-Link TL-WR1043N v5.0?

Hrm, according to those pictures the serial port pads are clear. I might just be able to do something with my meager soldering skills.

If you're averse to soldering, some male jumper wires in the holes to a breadboard, to the gpio pins on a raspberry pi was how I connected to the serial port on my V1.

kev.

please read to TP-Link WR1043N v5.0 I want to install

I have a build that appears to work, but it can only be installed via serial/uboot/TFTP. I have included step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish the install in my last commit message. I'll probably squash the commits and do a pull request this week. If anyone is interested I can post a binary for some brave soul to test.

Brave soul here. Please post the link for your commit so I can test asap.

Will do. Noticed one last hitch I need to address in the install instructions. Hope to have it posted by tomorrow when I have some time to sit down with it.

EDIT: DO NOT USE THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE HISTORICAL INTEREST IN IT. IT WAS AN EXTREMELY EARLY BUILD AND IS BROKEN IN IMPORTANT WAYS.

Here’s the binary build. It has Luci enabled, but everything else is totally base-line.

Serial port is 3.3v 115200, 8-n-1
Pin 1 is closest furthest from the front of the router.
Pin 1: TX
Pin 2: RX
Pin 3: Gnd
Pin 4: Vcc

The TX line is missing a linkage right next to the serial port header. You’ll have to solder a bridge across the spot labeled R257 to get your serial terminal to work.

Set your Ethernet adapter to 192.168.0.10. Enable your TFTP server with the firmware image in the root. named fw.bin (can be any name, just change the tftp command that comes later)
When the router starts its boot process, press “enter” to interrupt auto boot.

Enter the following commands:

tftp 0x80060000 fw.bin
erase 0x9f040000 +${filesize}
cp.b 0x80060000 0x9f040000 ${filesize}

Assuming all went well, reset the router. You should see autoboot take over with the new firmware and off you go!

I strongly recommend you back up your mtd files before attempting this. While at this point I’ve had it work successfully multiple times on multiple units (I bought 5) I cannot make any guarantees as to its quality or reliability.

Please let me know how this works for you. It’s my second attempt at adding device support since my first one did not meet the good graces of the powers that be. (I understand now why that was, I just needed this port more urgently than my first one).

2 Likes

Hi, I had to get rid of my testing 1043v5 for an installation, I now only have 840nv5s - (another thread), as soon as I get my hands on any I'll write back.

Hi, anything new about the v5? The WR1043ND v4 was recommended by a friend but I got a v5 as well. I am not good in opening hardware to connect some pins for a serial port connection so an updateable image would be nice.

See here: https://github.com/lede-project/source/pull/1373

Everything should be working in a beta-state, but a final polish and acceptance to mainline are still to be done.

Oh, thanks for pointing me there! :slight_smile:

I might be able to do better: https://upthis.de/dl/gbm731/ledear71xxgenerictlwr1043nv5squashfsfacto.bin

This should be a firmware image for the v5, flashable through the webinterface or tftp.
Luci is in, everything else not.
Disclaimer: that is alpha software, no guarantees :slight_smile:
It works for my device. :smiley:

2 Likes

muchas gracias hermano te lo agradezco, ami me funciono 100%

1 Like

Thanks Brother_Lal! I haven't tried the firmware yet, but I will soon and report back.

Once it has been accepted into the Development build I will mark this thread as solved.

hermano soy novato y quiero intalar multiwan en el tlwr1043n v5 y me sale este error por favor ayudame a instalarlo te lo agradeceria mucho Dios te bendiga

Errores recogidos:

• satisfy_dependencies_for: No puede satisfacer las siguientes dependencias para luci-app-mwan3:
  • kernel (= 4.4.92-1-10fe3f48b906daa67e959756d0a63862) * kernel (= 4.4.92-1-10fe3f48b906daa67e959756d0a63862) * kernel (= 4.4.92-1-10fe3f48b906daa67e959756d0a63862) *
  • opkg_install_cmd: No se puede instalar el paquete luci-app-mwan3.
  1. Please write in english.
  2. https://lede-project.org/faq/after_installation#cannot_satisfy_dependencies
2 Likes

brother I am newbie and I want to install multiwan in the vl tlwr1043n and I get this error please help me install it I thank you very much God bless you

Errors collected:

satisfy_dependencies_for: Can not satisfy the following dependencies for luci-app-mwan3:
kernel (= 4.4.92-1-10fe3f48b906daa67e959756d0a63862) * kernel (= 4.4.92-1-10fe3f48b906daa67e959756d0a63862) * kernel (= 4.4.92-1-10fe3f48b906daa67e959756d0a63862) *
opkg_install_cmd: The package luci-app-mwan3 can not be installed.

Hello! Thank you for posting that firmware, it seems the link does not work anymore, can you help me receive this file also please???

https://upthis.de/dl/2o7kl6/ledear71xxgenerictlwr1043nv5squashfsfacto.bin

Should put it somewhere where it doesn't vanish that soon :smiley:

Remember to do an upgrade to the official version as soon as the PR is through..

Just wanted to report back that I've been using Brother_Lal's firmware for about 2 weeks and I've had no issues. It's working like a charm.

I've been following the pull request but it seems to have stalled for the last week or so. I'm hoping that it gets approved soon so we can get security updates!