[SOLVED] TP-Link TL-WR1043N v5.0?

Thanks Brother_Lal! I haven't tried the firmware yet, but I will soon and report back.

Once it has been accepted into the Development build I will mark this thread as solved.

hermano soy novato y quiero intalar multiwan en el tlwr1043n v5 y me sale este error por favor ayudame a instalarlo te lo agradeceria mucho Dios te bendiga

Errores recogidos:

• satisfy_dependencies_for: No puede satisfacer las siguientes dependencias para luci-app-mwan3:
  • kernel (= 4.4.92-1-10fe3f48b906daa67e959756d0a63862) * kernel (= 4.4.92-1-10fe3f48b906daa67e959756d0a63862) * kernel (= 4.4.92-1-10fe3f48b906daa67e959756d0a63862) *
  • opkg_install_cmd: No se puede instalar el paquete luci-app-mwan3.
  1. Please write in english.
  2. https://lede-project.org/faq/after_installation#cannot_satisfy_dependencies
2 Likes

brother I am newbie and I want to install multiwan in the vl tlwr1043n and I get this error please help me install it I thank you very much God bless you

Errors collected:

satisfy_dependencies_for: Can not satisfy the following dependencies for luci-app-mwan3:
kernel (= 4.4.92-1-10fe3f48b906daa67e959756d0a63862) * kernel (= 4.4.92-1-10fe3f48b906daa67e959756d0a63862) * kernel (= 4.4.92-1-10fe3f48b906daa67e959756d0a63862) *
opkg_install_cmd: The package luci-app-mwan3 can not be installed.

Hello! Thank you for posting that firmware, it seems the link does not work anymore, can you help me receive this file also please???

https://upthis.de/dl/2o7kl6/ledear71xxgenerictlwr1043nv5squashfsfacto.bin

Should put it somewhere where it doesn't vanish that soon :smiley:

Remember to do an upgrade to the official version as soon as the PR is through..

Just wanted to report back that I've been using Brother_Lal's firmware for about 2 weeks and I've had no issues. It's working like a charm.

I've been following the pull request but it seems to have stalled for the last week or so. I'm hoping that it gets approved soon so we can get security updates!

we have to wait for the author fixing the issues - or open our own oull request...

@Brother_Lal the posting from the firmware is not working anymore, can you receive this file please?

Or is an official Firmware out ?

There is no official firmware yet AFAIK. The pull request seems to be dead once an for all. There was a request 10 days ago to fix the outstanding issues which has gone unanswered.

Is there anyone knowledgeable who can continue the work that has been started and get this device officially supported?

I'll try to get my cleaned up version submitted this week, if nothing happen the next two days...
Wanted to allow a new committer some time to get some code submitted, but well...

1 Like

I am getting the message that "This operation is not allowed for remote management" via wired connection.

Sadly I purchased this device in May because it was on sale and did not realize until last night that it is a newer version that I had thought I was purchasing.

Thanks for your work on this Brother_Lal.

I wonder who that could be? :thinking:

I'll grab my test victim v5 this afternoon and try out the latest changes. The hungry public has waited long enough for me to get it together.

Thanks again to the wonderful dev community for the support, advice, and bug fixes!

1 Like

Thanks for your groundwork here so Brother-Lal had not much to do!

1 Like

So the pull request has gone through! The 1043N v5.0 should be present in future builds.

Thanks everyone for all their hard work.

I will mark this as solved.

1 Like

I noticed that the setting for orange WAN led is not present in the lede repository, while it was available in the unofficial patch (and it worked as far as I could see). Is there any reason it was removed?
And speaking of orange WAN LED, I'm fairly certain that TL-WR1043ND v4 has it as well, though I'm not sure if it's on the same GPIO as in v5.

It looks like the orange LED was a regression when the v4 and v5 bases were merged. I'm submitting a pull request now to fix it.

https://github.com/lede-project/source/pull/1555

edit: you were right about v4 having an orange LED. I looked at TP-Link's GPL sources for the v4 and it matches the v5. If you have a v4 you can test with I'd like to hear feedback.

Hey, thank you very much for reposting!!! But to be honest I forgot to check the forum in time and now its gone again ... can you please repost it one more time? I promise Ill download it as soon as it`s available :slight_smile:

there are already "official" snapshot builds:
https://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/ar71xx/generic/

Can somebody confirm that the 1043N v5.0 has VLAN tagging?