Qualcomm Fast Path For LEDE

Always get fresh branch it is meant to be deleted and recloned

ok I got it
thanks a lot for sharing these awesome stuf to our Planet .

Can I add sqm-scripts-extra? or keep default ? I also want use sqm .

and if you update your respository of Fast-Path-LEDE,how to deal with it in my lede source tree?

thank you Gwlim

Any news on this? And by SQM egress, you mean egress from the router, right?

Currently I'm running Cake only on my 30mbit egress/upload, since my C7 can't do SQM on the 300mbit ingress/download. I have to throttle it back to 100-125 for it to not run out of CPU/IRQ, and that's just too much to give up. Luckily, the ingress doesn't bloat much, and I get something out of the managed egress.

I am rather interested in how much Fastpath could improve my 2 way SQM thresholds...

Delete and start over

like rm -rf lede, right?
or only fast path file?
thanks

yes rm -rf lede then clone and start over

ok I got it
thanks for your patience and help

3 Likes

I cant wait to test it on mt7621 :slight_smile:

One cosmetic thing: if I understand this correctly, Fast Path is an in-kernel classifier, and has nothing to do with Qualcomm in terms of hardware dependency, so this is not in any way an implementation for hardware acceleration. In this term it is platform independent. I think this should be highlighted, because some can easily be mislead by the title that this is for Qualcomm SoCs only, while in fact it is generic. I wanted to thank for your hard work!

...if in some way it can be used on ingress. Otherwise, its not worth it, and I wouldn't want to disturb the home router/AP. Am I right in understanding that at this time, it can't?

Is necessary set nf_conntrack_tcp no_window_check = 0, or i can enable nf_conntrack tcp_no_window_check = 1?

Could you share your 3800 firmware?

You won't want my build. It is custom, bare minimum with no LuCi, no USB and PPP because I don't use them. Building one is simple, just include @gwlim SFE patch files.

Or even simpler, take the cleaned-up patch from @dissent1 if you just want the FastPath without the unrelated other stuff.
PullRequest: https://github.com/lede-project/source/pull/1269
Simple one patch to patch the buildroot: https://github.com/dissent1/r7800/commit/4ed549dc60f984891fce43d163b77462f07dc025.patch

2 Likes

Does the patch currently works with native ipv6 wan ? I tested on a WNDR3800 with only kmod-shortcut-fe and kmod-fast-classifier: sirq usage is still really high, arround 70% on a 100Mbps speedtest.
I also have a doubts on ipv6 as reports (/dev/sfe) only show ipv4 connections...

Yes it is recommended when using sfe. Why do you want to change it?

Yes it should, but ipv6 is subject to test. Have you taken my patch or gwlim's?
As far as I recall for ipv6 it should be named sfe_ipv6 in sys and dev

@hnyman is right. The single patch file from @dissent1 worked perfectly and is fuss-free.

On trunk or on lede-17.01 branch?

I'm using your patch and built with both modules: kmod-shortcut-fe and kmod-fast-classifier. Currently, there is no section sfe_ipv6 in dev. How can I help ?