Problem with ipv6 and mobile device

@Ansuel It looks like this is the same problem I have described here. More specifically on IPv4 only UDP and ICMP works when the dual stack is configured.
It's possibile that vyatta and LEDE are using the same software with a somewhat broken configuration but it's a bit suspiscious: I think Telecom Italia is at fault here.

Last week I managed to work around it by creating two separate PPPoE interfaces: One with the normal aliceadsl/aliceadsl credentials, IPv4 only with NAT and the other with the IPv6 credential, DHCPv6 prefix delegation and SLAAC. With this setup I have the dual stack properly working.

Can you try this on LEDE and see if it works for you as well?

sure tell me how... (pastebin you network conf)
i have tim as well...

Here's the relevant part of the configuration. If you want I can post the configurations generated for radvd and pppd.

radvd? ummm lede doesn't use something like that...

i solved this by creating a second ppp interface with ipv4 disabled and user/password combo with ipv6
now i have dual stack with every device

Right, I'm actually having some routing issue because IPv4 should be completely disabled in the second PPP interface, I'm not sure how to do that though.

Could you please share the configuration?

Thank you.

I tested the second pppoe only for IPv6 and it works.

This is the configuration:

config interface 'wan'
option ifname 'nas0'
option proto 'pppoe'
option username 'yourusername@tim.it'
option password 'yourpassword'
option ipv6 '0'
option peerdns '0'
option dns '208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220'

config interface 'wan2'
option ifname 'nas0'
option proto 'pppoe'
option username 'adsl@alice6.it'
option password 'adsl@alice6.it'
option ipv6 'auto'
option peerdns '0'
option dns '2620:0:ccc::2 2620:0:ccd::2'
option metric '20'

config interface 'wan6'
option ifname 'pppoe-wan2'
option proto 'dhcpv6'
option reqaddress 'try'
option reqprefix '56'
option peerdns '0'
option dns '2620:0:ccc::2 2620:0:ccd::2'

Does it really work? The prefix they hand out should be /64 not /56.

option reqprefix 56 will just ask for a /56 but lede will accept what the ISP decides to give you.

i so happy that i find a solution for our problem with tim...
also if you take attention, the ping in ipv4 doesn't get altered by the dual stack ppp (with the ipv6 combo you get 5-10ms more than normal ppp)

tim gives /64 only.... (i know it's so stupid)

It's also dynamic: It doesn't really make sense. I just hope they will get things straighten out before deploying IPv6 on a larger scale.

Anyway, if you are hitting a wall setting up the firewall with a dynamic prefix this blog post seems the only solution around.

1 Like

I noticed that after 4 hours my laptop with windows 10 loses the default gateway for ipv6.
With wireshark I can see that my pc sends Router Solicitation but LEDE stops sending RAs.

What about you?

No, I don't have this problem but I'm using a different software (radvd) so I can't say.

problem with odhcpd... better report this to lede as a bug

i have another problem with dns... somethime the dhcpv6-pd doesn't get them

1 Like

I reported the bug https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=964

I did the test again and the behaviour is a bit different from what I wrote in my previous post

Now the bug has been assigned to the odhcp developer.Could be something ISP related also.
Please vote the task if you have similar issue and comment.
Hopefully we can fix this.

Another issue: the PPP interface for IPv6 disconnects randomly and fails to reconnect. This is the ppp_pppoe0.log

1 Like

i confirm my problem with dns... many times it does get ipv6 but with no dns... (even if i force them manually)