Pre-compiled updated mwlwifi drivers for stable releases

same here, factory reset with last ipk

Weird, I've upgraded to the latest ipk from a previous one and it works fine.

UPDATE: Just flashed stock 17.01.4 and force-installed 10.3.4.0-20171214-0939517 and got a soft-brick on reboot. Don't want to repeat what I've done before and upgrade from 10.3.4.0-20171214-5955f5e to 10.3.4.0-20171214-0939517, which previously worked. :wink:

I'm staying on 10.3.4.0-20171214-5955f5e which seems to be working fine.

If you are having trouble with the latest package bricking your device (two users with the same symptoms are too many), please open an issue at https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues, so the maintainer of the drivers can have a look at it (I do not write the code for the drives, just package it so everybody can install and test it); I will follow the issue there and intervene if there are any questions about the packages themselves.

There is a new commit 91709d6 at the official repo, by the way; I will update my packages later, but it only affects WDS in STA mode, so I do not think it will fix the issue reported here.

There is a new release available, version 10.3.4.0-20180118, but it also bricked my device, so I am not publishing the link here; I am investigating this.

FYI, I built the 17.01 branch HEAD with this 20180118 driver, and it seems to work ok. Router booted ok and clients can connect to it. So, your brick might be just a coincidence.

I have noticed that the "9.3.2.4" firmware in my packages was not identical to the "9.3.2.4" firmware in the official repo, so I have updated all "9324" packages; will test these myself as soon as I recover my device.

So, i'm not mad. :smiley:
I can update my driver without problem then ? To the version 10.3.4.0-20180118 ? :slight_smile:
Thanks,

@Dylem I haven't still recovered my device and tested the new packages... you can update then tell me if they work, or you can wait and I will tell you :wink:

Haha thanks.

I prefer to wait, I do computer all day, I prefer to rest. : p

Router works again with 10.3.4.0-20180118 (or at least it works as well as it worked with previous versions). Definitively, I shipped a wrong firmware on several "9324" packages, and locked some devices, mine included; my apologies to all for the inconveniences.

I have rebuilt all "9324" packages available in my repo, so those should be safe now.
And I can finally announce the new release:

No problem for that.
Thanks you for your hard work. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to tell what version drivers I'm on?

Package name reflects the driver version. Do opkg list-installed | grep kmod-mwlwifi.

Thanks.

I'm on kmod-mwlwifi - 4.4.92+10.3.4.0.git-2017-06-06-1 and LEDE Reboot (17.01.4, r3560-79f57e422d) and it's been rock solid. No more WiFi dropouts and great WiFi signal.

AFAIK it's the original driver which shipped with 17.01.4 release. If it's working fine for you, I wouldn't upgrade. Which router are you using?

That's weird I thought I installed the latest ones. I'm on the WRT3200ACM.

@Wolfeman0101 You have the latest drivers available at LEDE's official repo. But development on these drivers has advanced outside of LEDE, and LEDE will not update their drivers until the next LEDE release. That is why I am building these packages.

2 Likes

New release available:

Unfortunately, I will not be able to test this new release for a couple of days; as always, take it with care.

Hi again, is there a reason for the latest release to be "dated" 20171214 instead of 20180118 (or higher) ?

@eduperez Thank you so much for your continued time and effort to share these driver packages with the community. As always, your work is greatly appreciated.

I do have one issue that seems to have popped up just within the last few commits and I am currently experiencing with the very latest commit/package. The 2.4GHz band seems to have a dramatic reduction in download speed. Upload speed seems unaffected and as expected. But 2.4GHz download speed is consistently staying down between 4MBs-8MBs at most.

I can't say which specific commit out of the last handful of commits may have caused this though since I do not use the 2.4GHz myself very often and have the setup for the KidSafe protected network.

Has anyone else been experiencing consistently slow download speeds specifically on the 2.4GHz band?