Optimized build for the TP-Link C2600 / Netgear R7x00 / Linksys EA8500 / Zyxel Armor Z2

Hi,

I'm having problems building this for my Archer C7 V2.
I'm getting "configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile" on libgcc. Any idea?

Also seeing this:

xgcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-mcpu=cortex-a15'
xgcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-mfpu=neon-vfpv4'
xgcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-mcpu=cortex-a15'
xgcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-mfpu=neon-vfpv4'

Sounds like you've messed up your config with optimization flags not appropriate for your cpu.

1 Like

Thanks, I'll have a look at my config

I've noticed that the builds for ipq806x chipset have increased In the last period, I wonder if you can build in parallel for the wdr4900 router, or is no longer interesting for you.

I don't use my wdr4900 anymore, although I still have it. I might put up a new build at some point, but it's probably easier for you to just clone my tree and build it yourself.

I followed your advice and made my own build. Everything is OK. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @escalade

In Archer C2600 using your optimized firmware, is MU-MIMO working?

Thanks a lot!!!

No idea. My build is simply OpenWrt git pre-configured and with a custom package set. There's no driver mods so it supports whatever vanilla OpenWrt supports.

Ok!!

Thanks @escalade !!!

Hi @escalade, are there plans for a 18.6 version of this fine build?

It should be easy to rebase on a stable branch but I don't care much to maintain too many these days.

understood. I thought it might be on your list of favorite routers since you own one. The last build is working nicely.

What do you mean, you asked for a release version not a router? :slight_smile:

I've uploaded a new build.

r8101:
- compile with gcc 8.x
- switch from dnscrypt to dns over https (doh) using https-dns-proxy
- update openssl 1.1.1
- update kernel to 4.14.69
- add nfs-kernel-server with v4 support
- add curl

Note that I have now made the move from dnscrypt to DoH (dns over https). For anyone sysupgrading from a previous release you will edit /etc/config/dhcp and change 127.0.0.1:5300 to 127.0.0.1:5054 in order to have working DNS.

2 Likes

I have an EA-8500 and i am on DD-WRT Kong Builds, lately for some strange reason DD-WRT builds have become extreme buggy and i am thinking to move here, i am using it for Samba with 4 HDD on it, WDS AP (need maximum TX power (30 on DD-wrt) on it because its on remote area) SQM QOS (extreme buggy on DD-WRT K 4.4, B is the best reasult lately) i am expecting Samba transfer speeds of 34MB/sec stable (this is what i have now on Kong Builds) i remember that when i tried 18.06 main build samba was ridicolosly slow and TX powers very low to be operational on my network scenario, thats why i switched back to DD-WRT, i would like to help me by telling me which of those you have on your builds (samba speed, sqm Qos stability, Tx power) so i can get an idea if i can move to your builds, which seems very interesting!! Thank you very much!

PS is package installing possible in your builds since they are based on developement firmwares...because i want to use transmission and some other packages too!

I don’t use samba or sqm myself. Don’t see why file transfers would perform much different from other builds. Sure you can install packages same as on a snapshot build.

on a typical 18.06.1 firmware isnallation samba transfers were just 14-21 MB/sec (from 34) sqm was superb A+ but TX power was just 20dbm (from 30) , the last i am sure was WIP because region changer was buggy (could choose 30 but it was going just till 20) i know that samba on k4.4 had some issues but not so huge difference from 34 to 17 . Anyway ia going to try your build and will inform you asap how is it going!

1 Like

Cannot change root password, says uknown arror, passwork didnt changed. Any idea how to make it work?

Strange, works for me.