How far i can go with the TP-LINK TD-W8970 500mhz cpu and 64mb ram? and is there any fix for the switch speed?

An why do you need vpn access? What for?

vpn client, the old pc and the main pc are in my bed room and both cases can be locked with lock

vpn for unblocking services and privacy

why don't you put the router in the bed room?

If you want VDSL in a modem form don't bother with the NetGear modem, it's rubbish, look on ebay for a HG612, proper bridge mode modem with a Broadcom SoC (which is generally superior to Lantiq and Mediatek for VDSL)

do you have one? how far can you tweak the line with xdslcmd?
i have hg630 v2 but its locked.

@Console_GEEK in which country do you live for the moment ?
In some Countrys exist cheap OEM Router with Lantiq VR9 chipset.

I've got an HG612, haven't played with changing anything on the line as the BT DLM manages that based on line conditions, so have seen no need (and sync at 79999/19999 which is the max for the product I am on, with attainable of 93882/32113.

i want a vdsl modem supported by openwrt/lede to try to tweak my line for the reasons mentioned here Questions about vdsl_cpe_control and see if opensource makes difference.

@philjohn can you please test the xdslcmd on that router and provide the results?, my concern is fast path, 0 INP and SNR tweak.

if i cant make it with the tplink and its posible in hg612, there are unlocked firmwares for it which i can use to get shell and execute xdslcmd and run the modem in bridge mode.

Edit: i forgot, i prefer to keep my location private.

https://lede-project.org/toh/views/toh_modem_supported

I'm pretty sure with VDSL2 you cannot tweak these settings yourself, it's all controlled from the DSLAM.