Hardware NAT For LEDE

Additional note below, its not active. We shouldn't notice a difference in NAT speed compared to unpatched LEDE. Also, not to be confused, but I just made the statements about the wireless performance depict my experience with the patches, this thread is specific for Hardware NAT. I haven't been able to mess around with the ssdk_sh yet

If you want optimize build for AR7161 use the MIPS24KC patchset

Any chance it could be tweaked to a IPQ8064 (block diagram) ?

Hi. Could it compatible with ramips ? :blush:

I think it's QCA specific code.

I have recently sent qca8337/N support upstream as a dsa driver called qca8k. i already have functional hwnat/routing offloading patches, that i hope to publish under GPL in the near future.

4 Likes

Dear gwlim,

What about the WDR4900 V1? Will it work for this router?

Will this patch be permanently included in LEDE? Thanks in advance,

1 Like

Quick question. Is this patch compatible with sqm-scripts? Meaning I can have hardware offload and sqm running at the same time?

The default target is MIPS, will need modification to the build config to know but my WDR4900 is my production router. I need to swap it with WDR4300 to test later

Can I try this myself?
Which minimum set of patches would I need to copy from mips74k?
What would I need to change/set? In the patches' text, in .config/make menuconfig?

Sure use the lede-17.01 branch

I have a build tested for WDR4300 with Hardware NAT but you need to configure the switch registers yourself

Use ssdk_sh something to access the switch register configuration utility

2 Likes

Hi, great job!
I'm trying to build for the WDR3600 against lede 17.01 from git but the script fails applying some patches (012, 041 and 080 for now).
Is there a newer version available?
Is the hnat enabled in it or still need to enable it manually/writing to the registers?
Again, thanks for a great improvement...I've been looking for this for a long time

gwlim said use the lede-17.01 branch

I have added WDR3600 build in the link above
Check the PDF on the Hardware NAT Commands
I also switched to using OpenSSL for hostapd as OpenSSL contains MIPS optimized assembly for AES encryption at the cost of larger binaries
WPA2-CCMP should show a marked improvement in throughput compared to using Hostapd Internal Crypto

1 Like

Wireless Client Mode is not working in 5Ghz using this last version, yesterday version was working fine.

what does the term version pertain to?? is it a specific commit? his latest uploaded build? your latest build using the master? or the lede-17.01 branch? ie. just need some sort of reference as we don't have the background information you have

I'm talking about gwlim builds on github, yesterdays version worked, todays version has this problem.
Just "fixed" the 5ghz wireless client problem, by uninstalling wpad and installing wpad-mini.

Thanks gwlim, great job! I just installed it in one of my WDR3600, I'll let you know... thanks a lot!