Hardware NAT For LEDE

Ok, as soon as I finish building the new image and try to comment on the results.

Thank you.

With this commit I had a huge drop in performance, to the point that many times the connection stops.

I found and fixed some more bugs in the code. Please try the latest version from my staging tree.

Hi @nbd

How to using your staging tree & roll back to master ?

I think it should work like this:

git fetch git://git.openwrt.org/openwrt/staging/nbd.git
git checkout -b nbd FETCH_HEAD

This will create a local branch 'nbd' with the state of my tree.
To switch back to master, you simply run
git checkout master

To delete the local branch, run:
git branch -D nbd

Thanks @nbd

Your tutor worked.

I maked a build with your staging tree, still problem same as davidzodelin.

Test on ER3 octeon soc.

Hi.. could you upload an image for home hub 5 a or a quick how to compile please?

Im a bit new to compiling lede/openwrt but i can use linux and git

git clone git://git.openwrt.org/openwrt/staging/nbd.git nbd
cd nbd
./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install -a
make menuconfig
make defconfig
make

Also firewall3 now support flowoffload rule https://git.openwrt.org/?p=project/firewall3.git;a=commit;h=c1a295a500f0d113bacc5455af6444eb18cb482f .

Excellent thanks.. am i right on thinking that with this tree the home hub 5 has more than 60mbs throughput over the vdsl?

Yes, this will allow 100 MBit/s, with peaks up to 115-120 MBit/s and only few drops below.

Please try the latest version

ok im trying to compile your tree but i get
scripts/feeds install -a
Makefile:17: *** ERROR: The path to the OpenWrt directory must not include any spaces. Stop.

am i being a complete spoon ? im assuming i need the openwrt source then nbd tree is a directory inside that ?

Looks to be all the requisite bits have been pushed to master, so I think you can just do a current pull/build of that rather than the staging tree.

it was me being a spoon, my parent path had a space ... what a dipstick... thanks all

sorry for a stupid question but what do i have to select in menuconfig ? i choose lantiq and xrx200 then bt home hub. but is there anything else ?

See comment of Mushot above.

Sorry now im confused.. are you saying to not use nbd staging and just use master? I can see from the above comments there seems to be an issue with premature connection drops

You can use the master tree if you want to

Now work well for my.

Thanks.

But i have some problems, apparently Flow Offload breaks SQM.

Not that I know the details, but the whole idea of Off-loading is to side step the conventional linux networking stack. So the fact that those features this stack provides are not available is not really breakage in my book...