[GCC 7.2 BUILD] Optimized TP-Link Archer C7 V2 AC1750 LEDE Firmware

I'm still unsure which build I'm even running lol (been over a year I'm sure since I last updated)
I wish the date was timestamped in the builds. (uname)

I tried my Archer C7 in bridge mode, but it did not work, now the router connects, but I do not have access to it anymore, I do not have an ipv4 address on the LAN port, an IPv6 address appears to be on the router, but when I type in browser does not open the LUCI.

how can I do to reset the modem? I tried the reset button but I was not lucky. thanks any help

cat /etc/os-release

1 Like

Have you tried ssh?

Can you ssh into it?

I am not having any access to LAN ports via IPv4, I suspect that IPV6 is working, because when viewing DHCP only an IPV6 address appears.

but, I do not know how to access via browser, because to fifita the IPV6 address in safari, I'm directed to google search

try this video..but make sure you download the appropriate firmware for your device, for example if you have c7 v2 download that firmware..

I have the same question. @root is this still developed?

Hello

I found @r00t repository on Github and then this thread. It is very impressive the improvements described. However as some features are normally not part of snapshot OpenWrt and don't need to be like VPN, DNSCrypt or LuCI SSL.

So my question is: what would take to include other features that would certainly benefit anyone using OpenWrt vanilla such as:

• QoS with SQM
  • Qualcomm FastPath
  • Patches to maximize performance

I flashed the last nightly from 3 months ago but I couldn't connect with winCSP neither putty so I flashed back the last stable from 5 months ago...
anybody knows how to enable remote web access in this build?
I added this to etc/config/firewall but no success, I cannot reach router's https server from the outside internet on desired port 6789

config rule
	option target 'ACCEPT'
	option src 'wan'
	option dest 'lan'
	option name 'Open_port_6789 '
	option proto 'tcp'
	option src_port '6789'
	option dest_ip '192.168.1.1'
	option dest_port '443'
	option enabled '1'

I've been running r00t's project on my Archer C7 for a while now, and I am sad to see that it seems it's no longer active. How easy would it be to compile my own OpenWRT build with the same features as r00t? Is there a good how-to guide I can follow?

So I was able to build my own firmware following the openwrt documentation, and everything works great. Thanks to @r00t for the inspiration.

Another noob request: anyone can give me some tips for "optimizing" my firmware, I would appreciate it. e.g. according to the op there are "patches to maximize performance", but I haven't been able to find much info about these patches or how to apply them.

@r00t after switching to 18.06.1 and current
ath79 snapshots , I find this to still be the best stable release of firmware for Archer c7 v2 at least. Web GUI responsiveness , wifi performance speed on 2.4 and 5ghz as well as SQM capabilities all seem to work near flawlessly on this firmware. Stock firmware provides some bit fast transfer speeds across lan , wifi a bit faster as well on stock (only about 10Mbps slower depending on how far from router.) Not sure what the issues are on ath79snapshots as it seems to provide some of the slowest wifi speeds and just seems to slow down the c7 , not much better with ar71xxx builds stock openwrt. If you want a great firmware build get @r00t build . Especially for wireless .even over other build in this forum thread. If you @r00t could find some time to make a last update if even needed really, it would be fantastic.

Still no updates regarding this FW? Does anyone know of a fork that continues to build upon this one? It really would be a shame to stop developing FW for this router as its still one of the highest recommended price / performance devices.

Also does anyone know if this: https://github.com/gwlim/openwrt-sfe-flowoffload/tree/master/FEB-2019/openwrt-sfe-flowoffload-normal/TP-Link%20Archer%20C7v2-IL-mips74k is already built into @r00t 's firmware?

@r00t come back! We need you :smile:

I use and enjoy @shunjou's: https://github.com/shunjou/openwrt-optimized-archer-c7-v2

2 Likes

Sorry about my absence. As you may have figured out by now, I currently don't have time to maintain this build and don't even have the C7 anymore.

It would be awesome if someone would want to continue with it. @shunjou could easily take over I guess because his fork seems to be the most popular replacement. shunjou, if you'd want to do this, please send me a PM so I can get this thread closed and add a link to your thread in the first post. If anyone else wants to take over, please send me a PM as well and let me know how you'd qualify. I'm happy to provide all my local build scripts etc.

1 Like

Good idea!

I don't think @shunjou even has a thread on this forum?

what device(s) have to switched to?
Also, thanks so much for your amazing work on this customized build!

I have tried the 'official' ath79 snapshots for months, and realized it never mean for daily use. There were issues here and there, once it run for at least 2 months until it ceased working. Recently I encountered WiFi problems which is annoying to me.

The community build by root, on the other hand, stayed stable.

Now I am running with @shunjou's build, hope he will refresh the build regularly.

Really appreciate your continuous dedication offering us so nice build for so long, @root.