[GCC 7.2 BUILD] Optimized TP-Link Archer C7 V2 AC1750 LEDE Firmware

17.01.4 archer c7 version 2 this is some what of a write up i did on external root for usb. i dont think the red lettering is an error i think its just informing you that fast classifier has started and registered with the device. Anyways hope it helps

1 Like

apparently everything is working well, but I will investigate this "error"

BTW
Is there an addon to read the temperature of the router?
I saw that in DD-WRT it shows the temp. of the 5ghz wifi card, would it be possible to have something in the LEDE?

i havent seen anything and with the current build python isnt working so i cant use any 3rd party modules which sucks.

Just loaded this build... yes I know I am very late to the party and I am also completely new to LEDE but here goes:
I wanted to load usb printer support and followed the following tutorials:

Loaded usb support using this process:

The tried to load the actual usb printer support via this tutorial:

When typing in the line opkg install kmod-usb-printer kmod-lp p910nd I get the following output:

Installing kmod-usb-printer (4.9.65-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/ar71xx/generic/packages/kmod-usb-printer_4.9.65-1_mips_24kc.ipk
Installing kmod-lp (4.9.65-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/ar71xx/generic/packages/kmod-lp_4.9.65-1_mips_24kc.ipk
Package p910nd (0.97-5) installed in root is up to date.
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-usb-printer:
 * 	kernel (= 4.9.65-1-1099a298c1a12dff817c08ff1e9b77ed) * 
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-usb-printer.
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-lp:
 * 	kernel (= 4.9.65-1-1099a298c1a12dff817c08ff1e9b77ed) * 
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-lp.

Now I am not much of an LEDE or LINUX guy but seems to me the kernel needs to be updated or I need a different package. Can someone help?

Just remember I am EXTREMELY inexperienced in BOTH LEDE and in LINUX so please keep it as simple as possible.

I would follow the OpenWRT instructions...

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/p910nd.server

Thanks for the fast reply:

Looks to be the same command and gives me the exact same dependency error about kernel version

@adm1jtg
You shuld try using the non-optimized build first.

https://lede-project.org/faq/after_installation#cannot_satisfy_dependencies

That seems a little counter intuitive. Someone took the time and effort to take the base and tweak it SPECIFICALLY to our model and version for the sole purpose of making it run better and more efficiently, why would I want to go back to the generic version. Ok I didn't mean it to sound like that let me state another way, If I had to choose between running the optimized or running a printer I would stick to the optimized for the fast path option. I was just hoping I could have both the fast path AND a usb printer.

Update: Found this in github for fastpath
Cannot install packages with Kernel Dependencies?

Use --nodeps in opkg

The builds uses the LEDE upstream repository unfortunately kernel config is hashed so any changes will make it uncompatible

Used that command and everything is now installed but jobs never get to the printer. Looks like since I do not want to lose Fast Path, and I dont believe Fast pPath is in any standard release, I will have to just hook up a jetdirect to the printer and just forget about usb printing.

Hi,
I wast just saying: download the generic build, see if that works.
If it worked, take the patches from the r00t repo, download the LEDE source, and build your own optimized firmware (with your custom packages).
It's not that hard, and takes just 1 hour to compile (core i7 using 8 cores and -j9).

Ok I see what you mean now, unfortunately this router is the sole source for internet for the house thus testing versions would be difficult. But worse then that in order to build as you say once I get the right packages I would assume I would need a linux machine setup for building the firmware and I don't even have a machine running linux currently.

Let me take another tact as I did get it to load but still no jobs get to the printer. My pc side does find the printer (at least no errors setting it up) so I am guessing it might be the device designation or the interface being used in the config on the router side.

Currently lists device as:
/dev/usb/lp0

Interface is set to:
Unspecified though also tried it on lan

Printer is an hp laserjet 2300 running over usb and this entire setup did work on gargoyle 1.10 which is based off of openwrt CC, thus I would think it is not a hardware issue of any kind.

Can someone confirm what the above 2 settings should be. Does the usb port the device is plugged into change the lp designation aka maybe it should be lp1 or lp2

Lastly is there a log somewhere i can look at to see what is happening with the jobs, they simply queue up, say waiting for printer and disappear from the queue. Nothing shows up at the printer at all

hey have you compiled a recent 4.9.67? if so you dont happen to have an upload do you?

@sycohexor
Here's my current build:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SuSblpmKfEn16rUtPpFZW2bopVc7fXqP/view?usp=sharing
If you have problems accesing internet, go to the web interface -> services -> DNSCrypt-Proxy and check your settings.
I currently use adguard-dns-ns1.

Btw, I'll use this post to write some things that I've found using LEDE:

• When you configure the 2.4Ghz radio, and you select 40Mhz width, if there are more than 30 wifi networks near you, it automatically changes the width to 20Mhz, the only way to force 40Mhz is to use the noscan parameter, and that isn't recommended (you will not comply with regulations and it will interfer with your neighbors radio).
  • When you configure the 5Ghz radio, if you want to use "auto channel selection" use a 20Mhz width, because DFS only works on the 20Mhz width.

New release is up & nightlies fixed (yet again).

• 2017-12-08
    • Fixed compilation issues (odhcpd-ipv6only was "magically" added by upstream updates and caused conflicts)
    • Added rfkill support (might fix 5GHz issues, credits to @cliobrando)
    • Added kmod-usb-printer <- @adm1jtg
    • Upstream updates
2 Likes

@r00t Thank you so much. I did have to load up luci-app-p910nd, I guess to change a config file as initially the entry/menu option didn't show up, but everything working perfectly now.
Thanks again

1 Like

Flashed the 2017-12-08 build and running smoothly with 20 simultaneously connected devices. Thanks @r00t!

1 Like

Hi, I have a feature request, could you also add samba server and luci samba app packages to the build?
I think this would be useful for users of your FW. Thanks, keep up the good work :slight_smile:

@r00t I am seeing openwrt builds on your repo as well?

These are LEDE too. For some odd reason the nightly build script ends up creating images with openwrt instead of lede prefixes, while the release build script didn't. These are still the same nightlies though and no OpenWRT ones (I think, lol).

Reason: The re-merge of OpenWrt and LEDE

https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=commitdiff;h=7b5c989ab9bcd0c1346b7b90b8433216f7b20b71

3 Likes