[GCC 7.2 BUILD] Optimized TP-Link Archer C7 V2 AC1750 LEDE Firmware

https://github.com/sycohexor/Lede-4.9-archer-c7-v2-fastpath
Well i modified the shell script just by adding the line make image PROFILE="archer-c7-v2" to the end of it lol, ill test it later but im sure the image will work fine, but considering i dont know a lot about fastpath support at the moment feel free to binwalk the image and see what ya find.

1 Like

well i tried it out seems to be working fine, after using the patch_LEDE.sh for fastpath, and im getting a lot better time on ping and speedtests results. So the sysupgrade.bin worked for me. After the flash loaded i had my usb devices still intact so i had issues getting a shell at first, so i removed the usb drives then unplugged it powered it back on and bam got a shell pretty fast and proceeded from there. Im kind of curious what it would be like to revert to the archer original and flash with the factory image, but its pretty stable for me at the moment.

I can't show any figures but this discussion pretty much says it all.

Great work, does SQM QoS on the WAN still work with the fastpath on?

i just tested it with the luci-app-sqm and sqm-scripts-extras installed, and it does appear to be working. Also does anyone know of a package for active connections list with geoip location information? i see the kmod-ipt-geoip just dont know how to integrate that into active connections and list all active connections for a reverse geoip. if not ill try to throw together a python script for it.

That will be nice !!

Well im gonna try to add bbr to the config file see if it turns it on but i think i have to find the kernel module first, along with cdg, hstcp, htcp, illinois, scalable, tahoe, vegas, veno, westwood, yeah-tcp, LP, see if we can get em all in there

yeah im working on it...i thought i saw it on chaos calmer openwrt thats where i got the idea, but i cant remember, i've been messing with so many things at once its getting pretty jumbled lol. so i was working on a script with python but couldnt import a couple modules like geoip-geoiplite2 on the kernel so now im gonna binwalk chaos calmer and see if thats where its at. otherwise ill keep working on the python script with older modules.

Hi Guys,
Seems that I got it working without much hassle.
I cloned the lede git repo, then took the patches from the @shunjou repo and made some small edits (mostly change -O3 to -O2) and finally applied the official Qualcomm Fast Path patch (https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/lede-project/source/pull/1269.patch), then in menuconfig selected binutils 2.29.1 and GCC 7.2. (just to know if it works with the latest versions)
I can confirm that fast path is working cheking the /sys/fast_classifier/ info and everything seems fine.

right on man, so youre on 4.9.58 or just the 4.4.92 from 17.01.4?

@sycohexor
I'm on 4.9.58.

The only caveat at the moment is that some 5Ghz channels don't work, but seems that is a kernel bug.

yeah i noticed that as well, if you have an sysupgrade id like to see it unless you dont feel comfortable uploading it to github or whatever ftp/webserver you use.

Give me a minute, I will upload it.
I've used the @shunjou .config so it has the same packages installed, It was OK for me.

cool beans!

@sycohexor
Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-xOgzjwliF6cGtPc01KSFdRR2M/view?usp=sharing
Kernel: 4.9.58
GCC: 7.2
Binutils: 2.29.1
fast_classifier: enabled
Arch optimizations: I think I patched most of the files.

Thanks for the effort dude...im trying to use the development portion of the backporting to see if i can use torvalds 4.14 kernel tree lol. i can see a brick already.

1 Like

Nice works great!!:exploding_head: idk whats up with the new base-files upgrade though you must have made it before they released the upgrade..shucks

I'll compile a new bin with the new base-files and upload it. :wink:

alright chief!! you the man!

Here you go:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fmnp9x7Zy0r8ymdwLqDSx6vcMc431gH1