[GCC 7.2 BUILD] Optimized TP-Link Archer C7 V2 AC1750 LEDE Firmware

I also tried installing a 24kc package with this custom ROM, and it did work (after updating my opkg configuration.) I made this test around 1 month ago. I did get some warnings about there being no 74kc packages on LEDE (as the URL set up for fetching packages was a 74kc and hence non-existing one), but fixing the URL or downloading the ipk packages manually and installing worked.

Hello, i know this may have been answered before but can i simply flash this FW using mtd utility on C5 V1.20 running LEDE as HW should be same?

It has been answered here already https://forum.openwrt.org/t/gcc-6-3-build-optimized-tp-link-archer-c7-v2-ac1750-lede-firmware/1382/69. I did it and worked, not sure if it will work with mtd.

Can someone maybe put here some test with fast_path and SQM both working at the same time? I'm curious how much the speeds where improved.

Hey, first of all, thanks for the project, looks really interesting. I want to know if anyone else is getting higher than normal load, mostly when streaming Netflix or Plex over WiFi (to small chromecast), but it also seems to be there when running iperf3.
I think that is also throttling the streaming speed, oddly Netflix and Plex are not even maxing out my WAN link (which i know has NAT speed limits on this device)

Anyone else seeing this?

nightly builds seem to have ceased?

I'm currently on vacation and don't have access to broad band internet. Didn't have a chance to move the build setup to a server yet, which is why nightly builds are taking a break too. Next one will be available on August 3rd.

2 Likes

Enjoy your vacations! Waiting for new builds on August, although my router is working fine with your latest release.

1 Like

You're allowed. :slight_smile: enjoy your break.

1 Like

Could you update hostapd to latest source? Or atleast make seperate builds with latest hostapd.

Good work!

Hi,

When I put the command, opkg list-upgradable I get the error:

kern.info kernel: [614091.832136]
kern.info kernel: [614091.832136] do_page_fault(): sending SIGSEGV to opkg for invalid read access from 00000000
kern.info kernel: [614091.840637] epc = 7780e8f8 in libc.so[77780000+b1000]
kern.info kernel: [614091.845916] ra = 00413838 in opkg[400000+23000]
kern.info kernel: [614091.850721]
kern.info kernel: [614096.626615]

The opkg update works fine.
The router is not out of memory, and after rebooting, the command is working fine again.
Actually is not problem, but I suppose it's a bug.

Thanks,

24 hours after rebooting, still the same:

root@Router:~# opkg list-upgradable
Segmentation fault
root@Router:~#

Thanks,

I'm confused. Doesn't hostapd update from the software packages ?

Yes. And the version is old. It gets updated like once a year to a stable version. Would be great if r00t made a seperate build with hostapd from source. That would supreme firmware for our Archers.

Would also really like a dumb AP version (max stripped down for it). Alot of us are using these Archers as dumb APs.

I see. Anyway, which build is this "Optimized TP-Link" from and if I'm strictly using this AP, should I stick to the standard version or the optimized one ?

On a side note, has anybody seen any cheap and good high gain antenna ? I hate to have to pay more for a set of 3 antenna than for the entire AP.

Kind of related question, I use mine as the router and AP, with SQM. Looking at giving it a try to see how much more speed can be eeked out on my 300/30 cable connection.

Mostly wondering standard build vs the last nightly. What would be pro's and cons of using each? I'm trying to avoid surprises, as well as numerous bringing the main house net connectivity up and down events.

Could you point me to the patches you have in mind please?

Maybe an SQM script that doesn't work as it should? I use Plex and Netflix as well with this build and never notice any lags with full HD streaming, although I never checked whether it's maxing out the connection.

New release is available.

1 Like

This seems to work with the latest release.

root@r00ter:~# opkg list-upgradable
root@r00ter:~#