[GCC 7.2 BUILD] Optimized TP-Link Archer C7 V2 AC1750 LEDE Firmware

Well, I would have preferred SFTP in either case so thanks. At least I know it's there now so I can take the jump. Some time soon.

somebody please help me
I have alfa AWUS036NHA wireless USB adapter which not working in this tplink archer c7 firmware because there are no below drivers in this lede firmware
kmod-ath9k
kmod-ath9k-common
kmod-ath9k-htc
my request to r00t please add above drivers to new build so that i can run my alfa card.
i was unable to download above packages from software.
before now my alfa AWUS036NHA was working in openwrt in tplink mr3020.
so please help me to run it in Archer c7 lede firmware.

Hello! Could you please compile rtorrent and openvpn-easy-rsa?

and is there a howto on building packages for this build?

I don't think it's possible. However you can use the config.seed file published by the autor to build your own version and add all the necessary packages.

You should also know that running (any) BitTorrent client on single core 720Mhz CPU might be a bit too much to handle and can severely impact the whole network performance.

openvpn-easy-rsa would be enough, I want to set up a VPN server

New release has been uploaded.

Yes, this should work just fine, although a full wipe is recommended to make sure you get optimized configs like the systectl.conf file, which you won't when you preserve settings.

I added ath9k firmware.

This has been added.

thanks for adding ath9k

Thank you! Could you please also add imgpproxy so that I could watch TV?

Hi. With latest update I try to add a rule with iptables:
iptables -w -A input_rule -p tcp --dport 22 -i $WAN -m state --state NEW -m recent --set
Previously I have $WAN value acquired, the error that appears:
iptables v1.6.1: Couldn't load match state':No such file or directory`
Verified packages installed and I think all related to conntrack are installed.

Any clue what can be? Some package removed in last build?

Installed packages:

iptables-mod-conntrack-extra - 1.6.1-1
kmod-ipt-conntrack - 4.4.69-1
kmod-ipt-conntrack-extra - 4.4.69-1
kmod-nf-conntrack - 4.4.69-1
kmod-nf-conntrack-netlink - 4.4.69-1
kmod-nf-conntrack6 - 4.4.69-1

@dacarrs The state module is deprecated for quite a while now. You should use -m conntrack and --ctstate instead. Ie. try: iptables -w -A input_rule -p tcp --dport 22 -i $WAN -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -m recent --set

Great, it is working. Before posting I tried to find information about why it wasn't working but couldn't find anything.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Is there any plan to migrate to linux 4.9 for this build? I am particularly interested in TCP BBR.

Nope, sorry, going to wait for upstream on that. Also likely switching routers soon - even with optimizations OpenVPN performance is only about one third of what I get without it. Thinking about getting a Linksys WRT1900ACS instead. So if anyone would be interested in helping with or taking over this build, let me know.

What is meant by "VPN ready"?. I'd like to set up an OpenVPN server.

@jjt You can. OpenVPN is pre-installed.

I don't think I can help much with the project because I tried a couple of times to compile with updated lede source and using your config.seed without success.

Is there any guide/web page where I can try with?

And thank you for your work!

Gotcha. Installed but not configured? So just follow something like this guide (omitting the pkg install steps)?

Just wanna make sure I'm not duplicating any existing config.

No worries. I moved from running OpenVPN on my C7 back to running it on my clients instead and will probably stick with that solution for now and keep the router.

Precisely.

Great! Anyway I'll try to make it compile, just for fun and learning. What I have not much idea is how to add the patches to a build but I think is just to adapt the .sh file from https://github.com/gwlim/mips74k-ar71xx-lede-patch to apply @gwlim patches.