[GCC 7.2 BUILD] Optimized TP-Link Archer C7 V2 AC1750 LEDE Firmware

Tried todays release, same behavior. Cleanly reflashed same todays build again, same thing. Applied clean sysctl.conf, same reboots. Took trunk snapshot sysupgrade from Sat Apr 8 22:25:24 2017, works fine. The only idea left is to try your build with less aggressive optimizations or default gcc.

Tried latest release and no signs of AOE modules and no warning messages about unknown packet so far and VPN working great.

Thanks for removing the modules.

Curious what you lose, with the "several iptable modules" removed? I would be using my router as a NAT and AP for the home.

Also wondering how the speed compares to standard LEDE, with SQM on, anyone compare that lately?

Thanks...

Thanks. I have installed your latest build from GIT, hope it will solve the unstable experience I have at the moment with the master LEDE project.

The custom build I provided had the same GCC settings and flags as the release that worked for you - so it's not that. I honestly have no idea what could cause this then and why it's only happening for two people, but not everyone else. Are you using a C5 perhaps?

You can check the diff of the config file on github to see what exactly changed. Nothing that would break the features you mentioned though.

I'd recommend to always use the nightly builds, as those use the same configs as the latest release, but newer code from trunk. I might not push new releases at all as long as I don't add or adjust features or fix bugs.

@r00t unfortunately I also ran into the same issue on the latest github build (haven't tried trunk though). Constant reboots as soon as I plug WAN in.

I'm happy to play around with it but don't really have an idea on where to start debugging because there's hardly enough time to see what comes up or track logs before it crashes again.

Open /etc/sysctl.conf, change kernel.panic=3 to kernel.panic=600, reboot, plug-in your WAN and see if the reboot still happens immediately or if you're able to get logs. Another alternative would be to pipe logread to another machine in your network using netcat.

Thanks, those tips helped a lot.

It looks like odhcpd flips out and requests reboots for various reasons. First because the default route changes, and another because of an address change on eth0.2.

I did a clean install of 04-08.

It looks like someone reported a related bug in trunk on 3-31: https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=668
I'm not running PPP but my ISP does provide IPv6

Edit: After playing with it some more, IPv6 is definitely the culprit. Whenever IPv6 come up, odhcpd brings the whole thing back down.
Same messages, Raising SIGUSR1 due to route change and/or address change on eth0.2

Also, plugging an IPv4 only network into WAN stops the crashing.

Tue Apr 18 02:09:08 2017 daemon.notice Tor[1835]: Tor has successfully opened a circuit. Looks like client functionality is working.
Tue Apr 18 02:09:08 2017 daemon.notice Tor[1835]: Bootstrapped 100%: Done
Tue Apr 18 02:09:14 2017 daemon.info odhcpd[1553]: Raising SIGUSR1 due to default route change
Tue Apr 18 02:09:14 2017 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wan6' is now up
Tue Apr 18 02:09:14 2017 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wan6_4' is setting up now
Tue Apr 18 02:09:14 2017 daemon.notice netifd: wan6 (2229): Command failed: Unknown error
Tue Apr 18 02:09:14 2017 user.notice firewall: Reloading firewall due to ifup of wan6 (eth0.2)
Tue Apr 18 02:09:15 2017 daemon.warn odhcpd[1553]: A default route is present but there is no public prefix on br-lan thus we don't announce a default route!
Tue Apr 18 02:09:15 2017 daemon.info odhcpd[1553]: Using a RA lifetime of 0 seconds on br-lan
Tue Apr 18 02:09:15 2017 daemon.info odhcpd[1553]: Raising SIGUSR1 due to address change on eth0.2
Tue Apr 18 02:09:16 2017 daemon.warn odhcpd[1553]: A default route is present but there is no public prefix on br-lan thus we don't announce a default route!
Tue Apr 18 02:09:16 2017 daemon.info odhcpd[1553]: Using a RA lifetime of 0 seconds on br-lan
Tue Apr 18 02:09:17 2017 daemon.info dnsmasq[2861]: exiting on receipt of SIGTERM
Tue Apr 18 02:09:17 2017 authpriv.info dropbear[1653]: Early exit: Terminated by signal
Tue Apr 18 02:09:17 2017 daemon.notice dnscrypt-proxy[1629]: dnscrypt-proxy Stopping proxy
Tue Apr 18 02:09:17 2017 daemon.info dnscrypt-proxy[1629]: dnscrypt-proxy UDP listener shut down
Tue Apr 18 02:09:17 2017 daemon.info dnscrypt-proxy[1629]: dnscrypt-proxy TCP listener shut down
Tue Apr 18 02:09:17 2017 daemon.info odhcpd[1553]: Using a RA lifetime of 0 seconds on br-lan
Tue Apr 18 02:09:17 2017 daemon.notice netifd: wan (2228): udhcpc: received SIGTERM
1 Like

So is there a way to force IPv4-only before plugging into the WAN? I was having the same problem with the bootloop, assuming for the same reason as well.

@dkisselev thanks for the logs, this should help! Could you and/or @kyledawg92 try this before connecting the WAN port?

Open /etc/config/network and change

config interface 'wan6'
	option ifname 'eth0.2'
	option proto 'dhcpv6'

to

config interface 'wan6'
	option ifname 'eth0.3'
	option proto 'dhcpv6'

reboot the router (although service network restart should be sufficient, but hey, we need to make sure) and then connect the WAN port and see if the that solves the issue - I think it should.

@r00t Just made the change in /etc/config/network (Was having boot loop issue after connecting wan port and connecting to the internet) and can confirm that the change to ipv6 does indeed stop the bootloop, however there is no ipv6 now.

I'm trying to configure L2TP passthrough for my VPN what is on my LAN (Synology NAS).

I 've configured ports forwarding on luci (UDP 1701, 500, 4500) to my VPN ip, but i cannot establish connections from outside...

I've flashed my ArcherC7v2 with this rom (factory-eu) without keeping previous OpenWRT config (so it supposed to be a "clean" install).

Can you help me? :slight_smile:

@dkisselev @kyledawg92 @frodriguez96 Could one of you check if the config for wan6 in /etc/config/network is different in the latest working release (pre April) from what I provided two posts above this one? Assuming you run the older build..

Unfortunately I switched to trunk when 17.01.1 came out, but I can tell you it says:

config interface 'wan6'
    option ifname 'eth0'
    option proto 'dhcpv6'

Is changing it to eth0.2 part of some optimization?

It uses eth0.2 automatically. Must be related to some package then. Anyway, thanks for your response. This tells me it uses the same ifname for both wan and wan6 on vanilla LEDE as well. Wish I had IPv6 here to test this..

OpenNIC dropped support for port 443, which broke DNS resolving on this build. I'm building a new one with OpenDNS as default DNSCrypt resolvers right now.

If you're experiencing issues with resolving domains, just open /etc/config/dnscrypt-proxy and change fvz-anyone to cisco.

1 Like

@r00t could you also enable bash history by default?

When i connect to my device on SSH i only have access to the current session's history.
When i reconnect, the history of previous command is empty (even without reboot).

FAQ. Can I flash this image over a 17.01.1 and retain all the settings?

Does this support FTP? I need to have this answered before I jump from the stock firmware. I've read through all 201 posts and there is no real indication if it has ftp support. The file system and USB support hints at it, but there has been no explicit mention of it. Thanks for the help

There's no FTP server installed. FTP is an insecure protocol and you shouldn't use it - like ever.

Instead use SFTP or SCP on port 22 to transfer files. rsync is available too!