Build for WRT3200ACM (Discontinued)

@starcms. thank for your reply, i do have a 3200ACM my self, now i have tried @cybrnook and david, i really like both although i was having some wifi connection drops (my devices weren't connection to wifi name even thought they were available) can you shared your wifi settings so i can set up mine the same way. also under wireless there 2 radios for 5GHz which should i use (right now im using radio0) thank you in advance

If users are facing issues, instead of just saying "it's not working , help". I think it would be better to list what build you are using (I published 4 x ), and what router you are using. Without this info, you likely won't get much help.

I suspect most people are having issues with the BETA build using the BETA driver, and I would guess so far to say it's mostly 3200 users.

If this ends up being a common trend, I am going to pull the BETA builds and only publish against the stable branch as I don't really have time to support each user, and instead of having users pulling their hair out because of whatever issue, might be better to focus on a known good branch (stable).

and a side note, don't use Auto channel select, always user a hard coded channel that supports your region.

1 Like

The dd-wrt head developer seems to have found a memory init bug in the new wifi driver. Likely the fix for that will get merged soon to the driver at Kaloz repo.

https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/118#issuecomment-296456369

EDIT:
based on the discussion in that issue thread in Kaloz repo it sounds like the new driver is still really in "pre-QA" phase and is somewhat buggy.

Wider user testing will help in finding the bugs, as some of them may surface with different wifi configs and country settings etc.. But the bugs need also to be reported to the driver devs. (One way to do that is to use that issue thread, as the driver devs are actively involved. But it makes no sense to file generic "it does not work" bugs without good details.)

1 Like

Stable with Beta driver work fine with my WRT1900AC V2. Thanks for your hard work.

1 Like

Reading @david's thread, for those with the 3200ACM:

You should stick to the 4.9 kernel and the new mwlwifi driver.

Also, all of his builds are from the "beta" branch.

So if you are using @cybrnook's builds, that would equate to the 3990-BETA-BETADRIVER build.

I don't have a 3200ACM, so I'm just mentioning what I have read.

@cybrnook,

There have been a few new commits made to the mwlwifi driver since 0421 was released:

https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/commits/master

@Cybrnook, Thank you very much for your hard work and I enjoyed your stable build. I am moving to Gargoyle to test its new build. Once again thank you very much.

1 Like

Hi all I thought I would share my personal build that is nearly the same as Cybrnook's enjoy guys and girls!

Kernel 4.9.24 and with all latest commits (mwlwifi) from today/on Apr 27, 2017

working very well for me, thanks for your image!

I have a WRT1900ACS v1 (rev A00)...sorry but I dont know lede...is lede firmware better than dd-wrt, as stability and options? :neutral_face:

@danny30au, would it be possible to build a version based on Kernel 4.9.20 with all the latest mwlwifi commits? Thanks so much!

@starcms Sure no worries. I'll do it tonight.

@starcms Done. :slight_smile:

@danny30au, you da man! Thanks a bunch!!

UPDATE:
I've found a link to david's build, which sets up package feeds, so I could install the kmods I needed from opkg. On the first glance adblock is not installed by default, but should be able to install it separately. switched to that build until i find out how to build from source myself or @cybrnook's build gets its own feed.

ORIGINAL:

@cybrnook, big ups for your build. It got me up and running with LEDE on my WRT1900ACS smoothly. Been only using it for half the day so far.

I flashed lede-stable-17.01-snapshot-r3325-1d1935b-mvebu-linksys-wrt190-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin image.

Its the first time I've seen the new luci interface with the sidebar. Much nicer to use on the mobile then what I was used to.

I'm still in the process of setting everything up my way and part of this is connecting to a wireless network with an external usb wifi card

root@LEDE:~# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0cf3:9271 Qualcomm Atheros Communications AR9271 802.11n

The card requires the kmod-ath9k-htc driver which i tried to install with

root@LEDE:~# opkg install kmod-ath9k-htc
Installing kmod-ath9k-htc (4.4.61+2017-01-31-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01-SNAPSHOT/targets/mvebu/generic/packages/kmod-ath9k-htc_4.4.61+2017-01-31-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-ath9k-htc:
 * 	kernel (= 4.4.61-1-9f18c9c8eae6a4bfe17f419b398e25cd) * 	kernel (= 4.4.61-1-9f18c9c8eae6a4bfe17f419b398e25cd) * 	kernel (= 4.4.61-1-9f18c9c8eae6a4bfe17f419b398e25cd) * 
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-ath9k-htc.

I'd also like to use my exfat formatted drive:

root@nnmWrt:~# opkg install kmod-fs-exfat
Installing kmod-fs-exfat (4.4.61+2017-01-03-8d291f525ce6d88fe0d8b11b86fd5c2e900401d3-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01-SNAPSHOT/targets/mvebu/generic/packages/kmod-fs-exfat_4.4.61+2017-01-03-8d291f525ce6d88fe0d8b11b86fd5c2e900401d3-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-fs-exfat:
 * 	kernel (= 4.4.61-1-9f18c9c8eae6a4bfe17f419b398e25cd) * 
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-fs-exfat.

This answer to a similar issue suggests that the error is because I'm not using the oficial build but yours. I could install tmux using opkg successfully, so I think its only the package repositories for the kernel drivers that are not compatible.

I have bricked a router once when trying to build from source and have since only created my own images with imagebuilder. I'm not sure how should I go about building your image from source.

Should I just follow the quick start guide but use your fork instead?

Or maybe there is a simpler solution to my problem that I missed?

Thanks in advance,
Wiktor

2 x More Builds:

3356 STABLE-BETADRIVER (Most current Mwlwifi as of yesterday)
4050 BETA-BETADRIVER (Most current Mwlwifi as of yesterday)

These will likely be my last for a while. With the build bot spinning up images, and David publishing builds, as well as others being promoted here in this thread. I think the community has a good amount to pick from.

@nnm77
I added your ath9k package here (for use with the 3356 stable build of mine): https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw3bw8gzn3ggeog/ath9k-htc-firmware_2016-09-21-42ad5367-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk?dl=0

That link for @davidc502's builds you provided is out of date. There is a newer build.

https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/releases/

Keep in mind, unlike @cybrnook's builds, all of @davidc502's builds are built from the "BETA" branch as @cybrnook calls it.

@cybrnook Thank you for everything you have done for us, and for the countless builds! I'm sure I'm not the only one who greatly appreciates all of your hard work!!

2 Likes

@cybrnook,

Since @davidc502 only builds from the "BETA" branch as I had mentioned before, would you consider making new "STABLE" branch builds maybe once a month, or at least every time a new official LEDE version comes out?

Yes, you are right! I do greatly appreciates all of cybmook's hard work!!
Thanks indeed!