Build for WRT3200ACM (Discontinued)

Then I don't think you are on "my" build. I include in all my public builds a script that you can use to switch partitions.

If you are saying it's not found, then I don't think you are on my public build. Maybe you are on the buildbot images.... not sure.

How do I upload your image? I'm with the constructio : LEDE Reboot 17.01.0-rc2 r3131-42f3c1f / LuCI e306ee6c93c1ef600012f47e40dd75020d4ab555 branch

I installed your compilation, congratulations you did a great job, I will install linksys firmware on partition 1 and its construction on 2, I want to test your construction better. great job.

Thanks again for helping me! Actually it was in another compilation, now that I installed its compilation I was able to execute the command, but I'm with lede installed in the two partitions, not linksys firmware in slot 1 and lede in 2, would another way of installing linksys firmware updating by lede?

Hello can someone test this pr (someone with serial access that can restore it if something goes wrong... but it souldn't)

Hey man,

Are these builds built with cryptodev built in the kernel?

Thanks

Some data:

egrep '^module|^name' /proc/crypto
openssl engine
openssl speed md5 sha1 sha256 sha512 des des-ede3 aes-128-cbc aes-192-cbc aes-256-cbc rsa2048 dsa2048 | tee /tmp/sslspeed

For comparison. And LEDE moved things into kernel here.

Thanks for responding, and for providing the data.

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this. I am running latest LEDE stable build (not cybrnook's, official LEDE release).

Here is the output of my test (nothing like what's in the link) on a WRT1900ACSV2:

openssl speed -evp aes-256-cbc -elapsed
type 16 bytes 64 bytes 256 bytes 1024 bytes 8192 bytes
aes-256-cbc 30791.87k 34325.06k 35906.22k 36335.96k 36539.05k

openssl speed aes-256-cbc -elapsed
type 16 bytes 64 bytes 256 bytes 1024 bytes 8192 bytes
aes-256 cbc 32137.76k 35995.43k 37295.10k 37634.73k 37729.62k

The first one with -evp is supposed to perform better, but I don't see that.

@nidstigator @anomeome

I did originally compile my firmware with the openssl HW accel flag enabled (and the other needed bits). What I found was that yes, during testing the overall CPU load was lower, system load was a bit elevated, but overall bandwidth being processed was low.

Disabling HW accel, and using just the RAW cpu horepowa of one single core, I was able to pull more bandwidth through (while pegging that one core).

So, ultimately I discontinued use of the HW accel as in a real world scenario it did not give me the uber bandwitdh I was hoping for. Instead it just gave a lower system utilization and still low bandwidth. Plus, it's finiky on making sure all the correct flags are enabled, then settings your crypto settings properly in your ovpn setup..... not worth it.

If you want real bandwidth over your home router for VPN use, just build a untangle or pfsense box on an intel x86 chip.

Hello all! Thanks so much cybrnook for your builds. My wrt1900acv2 runs really really nice! But, I have a question. I wanted to add this command # ethtool -K eth0 tso off gso off gro off towards the end of the sqm script and I wanted to know if I'm doing it right. And also do I include the number sign or no?

No idea, I only use SQM directly from the GUI. I am a customer, not a provider when it comes to that :slight_smile:

No biggie! I was just curious that's all. And the reason why I asked was because of this post caught my eye. http://burntchrome.blogspot.com/2015/06/tcp-offloads-more-harm-than-good.html?m=1 it's about turning off gro, tso, and gso. And how it reduces latency ever further.

1 Like

@cybrnook Thanks for explaining. What I am actually looking for is not ultimate VPN throughput, but since I am running a complex setup of 2 tuns and 1 wan, I am looking for ways to relieve the CPU of some load.

I am very surprised the official LEDE build excludes cryptodev, given all the commit messages I've seen a while back on improving it. Any idea why they left it out?

EDIT: Also, I've looked at AMD64/X86 pfsense before. Total overkill for my connection and also sucks when it comes to QoS (compared to Cake SQM, my favourite feature of LEDE).

Thanks

@cybrnook wrt1200ac on the latest r3636 beta and Cake qdisk just vanished from the sqm-scripts for some odd reason. E: it came back after a reboot

Looks like new stable r3277 is out.

Yep! I didn't get a chance to test them yet, so haven't officially announced yet. But HW Acceleration should be enabled again for openssl (user asked for it).

Thanks, I will wait till you have a chance to test it before flashing it.

You're free to go ahead an give it a whirl. I am so busy at work lately with the 2017 projects, and then company direction changes, as well as my wife being consumed in her company's re-platforming that I haven't had much time at all to "play" at home.

It should be a completely fine build, only contains recent commits to the branches. As well, I re-enabled "libgnutls" and enabled HW acceleration for the Crypto's and OpenSSL, so HW acceleration for VPN should be working again. Outside of that, still the same build packages.

@cybrnook
Installed your LEDE-BETA Reboot SNAPSHOT r3680-0ebc681 / LuCI Master (git-17.068.73516-4c10d29 build on my wrt1900acs v1. No issues so far. I do disable adblock, as I have told you in the past due to accessing Free Press eEdition .Never have tried to figure out which setting is blocking it as I run adblock on the browser.

1 Like

You can query the dnsmasq log to pull the entry(ies) that stop you from accessing freep. You can then add them to a whitelist, so you don't have to fully disable adblock just for freep.

Here is the guide from Adblock: https://github.com/openwrt/packages/blob/master/net/adblock/files/README.md

Scroll down for whitelisting instructions.

EDIT:

even better @dibdot already gave the keys to the castle:

1 Like