Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Anyone with a WRT32X on this build getting bad signal level results from iwinfo scan?

The partitions are over written round robin, and always writes to the other.

1 Like

Yesterday I downloaded the latest commit from June 20, and cloned into a wifi directory (before alteration and copy into dl directory). I just looked into the dl directory and extracted the wifi drivers, and they are the same as from the latest commit June 20 plus the alterations that I make.

I cloned the latest wifi drivers to my desktop and then did a diff between those drivers and the drivers I downloaded yesterday. The only difference is the alterations I made.

For the build process to use another wifi driver it would have to be downloaded, over the internet, to the dl directory. There are no other mwlwifi directories in the dl folder. The only wifi drivers there are the ones I copied there yesterday.

I can say with upmost certainty, you have the latest wifi drivers and firmware available to date.

Best Regards,

1 Like

Could you please explain how to get back to stock firmware?
I can't flash the stock firmware after flashing your build.
I get this error:
"The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform."

Use the recovery method found here > https://openwrt.org/toh/linksys/wrt_ac_series#tab__switch

You can try 2 seconds, but that has never worked for me. If it doesn't work for you, extend it to 5 seconds.

But the alternate partition is empty, right?
What am I missing here?

That is harmless failure to detect the correct firmware file format. Openwrt uses different format for sysupgrade, so the OEM image gets disqualified.

Just wget the image file to /tmp and then use -F flag (force) with sysupgrade to flash it.
sysupgrade -F -n image

Alternate partition always contains the previous firmware (that you flashed from to current Openwrt). If you flashed the current Openwrt from OEM firmware, then the OEM is still there.

1 Like

I get this message, from the "Advanced Reboot" option:
"Warning: This system does not have two partitions!"

Is this a false positive or I did something wrong while flashing the firmware?

wrt32x uses different OEM image format than the other routers, so the advanced reboot does not detect if correctly. (I think that @stangri has not yet updated the version in the package repo)

2 Likes

Can I use it to move to the stock firmware or it will be safer to ignore this and use the power switch method instead?

Thank you for the help!

power switch method should work, or you can use sysupgrade.
advanced-reboot app will likely not work.

Got it,
Thanks!

I don't have WRT32X (Hannu, if you can get Imre to send me one, that'd be great ;)) and I'm still yet to receive confirmation that the changes I've made to the package hosted at my repo are working on WRT32X.

1 Like

Thansk David . So, as I'm updating your distro with the latest LEDE packages, did I overwrite the latest drivers you've included in your build with older ones you mean?

@stangri:
neither davidc, mainstream, or your version below show two partitions on wrt32x / OpenWrt 18.06.0-rc1 r7090:
git-18.163.61042-b5a4..0b5
git-18.180.55209-4ba8..-27

thank you for instructions on your personal github pages on how to add your repos to openwrt software config.

I'm having trouble installing jamvm on a wrt 3200acm via Luci. I get the error:

Installing jamvm (2.0.0-1) to root...
Downloading https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/snapshots/r7360/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/packages/jamvm_2.0.0-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk
Collected errors:

• satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for jamvm:
  • classpath *

I'm running the latest version
Lede SNAPSHOT r7360-e15565a01c / LuCI Master (git-18.180.54297-1a36f03)

Sorry if it's a noob question. Help appreciated!

Hi, I just installed the lastest version in a wrt1900acs and I don't find the packages corresponding to transmission torrent client. Am I doing something wrong? thanks in advance

Sorry bati, Transmission is not included in the build. You can download it from the daily lede snapshot repo if you want it.

Hi David, what happened on this last build? It's like some css are missing.

Annotation

I've noticed for well over a month now that Luci is being worked on again. I don't believe that there is a formatting issue, but just a case of incomplete work... Well, hopefully it doesn't stay like that.

1 Like