Build for WRT3200ACM (Discontinued)

Doesn't seem normal, especially not across all open source builds. :cry:

Yes, looks like it is a lemon. Any suggestions for a new router? The ACS or something else? Tia

Are you located in the US? Do you want to stick with an mvebu device? There are some good threads in here about "what router should I get for LEDE", and they have a large amount of atheros recommendations. There is a Zyxel Armor Z2, for example, that looks really nice.

Are you going to start making your own build, use build bot builds, or just use community builds (like mine). This will also help dictate your path.

If your in the US, I have a handful of WRT devices. I could sell you one of those......

I am located in Canada. Zyxel is not available here. I like your build, I may get another WRT.

Well, if you want to stick with the WRT series, and your in the market NOW. Then I would recommend either the WRT1900ACS or the WRT1900ACv2, whichever is cheaper, as they are both the same router. If you buy new now, you will likely get a v2 which means the radio control is not able to be manipulated via firmware, things like unlocking region code or enabling things like noscan.

However, with that said, as long as your planning on playing by the rules you would never be any wiser.

Currently I'm fixing two issues regarding the usb LEDs:

• the USB2 LED works only if an USB3 device is attached
  • the naming of the LEDs in /etc/config/system doesn't match the names printed on the case

The issues where reported in FS#423 and FS#425.

But I need tester which can confirm that the issues are fixed with my changes and no new issues are introduced. I've uploaded fixed images based on the 17.01 release branch (including LuCI) to https://www.kresin.me/files/mvebu/.

It need to be tested on:

• WRT1200AC (caiman)
  • WRT1900AC v1 (mamba)
  • WRT1900AC v2 (cobra)
  • WRT1900ACS (shelby)
  • WRT3200ACM (rango)

Don't preserve your config when upgrading!

EDIT:

I had to upload fixed images. I had a stupid copy/paste error and I was hinted that there is one more related USB LED. The expected behaviour is:

• the first USB LED should get bright in case either an USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 device is attached to the first USB port.
  • the second USB LED should get bright in case either an USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 device is attached to the second USB port.
  • the "dot" LED below the second (bar) USB LED should get bright in addition to the (bar) LED in case an USB 3 device is attached to the second USB port

The names should be "USB 1" for the first USB LED, "USB 2" for the second USB LED and "USB 2 SS" for the "dot" LED below the second (bar) USB LED.

Is this the only change (01_leds)? :slight_smile:https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=blob;f=target/linux/mvebu/base-files/etc/board.d/01_leds;h=d6e42ddfd590ff8e6136bffafd0c57159f1cbb98;hb=9641ceea0ce68d1c507b9d2bbe7cf8da518a2eb8

If so , I can just incorporate it into future builds until it is committed into master branch (and stable).

Thanks for the work in any case.

Thanks, I am researching on the Tp-link C2600 since they are on clearance here.

Make sure to research the revision that was made to that model.

Here is a thread I started back in 2015, has good info:
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=54973

rango:

• usb2 stick on usb2 port, usb3 HD on usb3 port

• usb2 led on bright, usb3 led on bright with dot

root@lede:~# ls -las /sys/bus/usb/devices
    0 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Dec 7 1968 .
    0 drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 0 Dec 7 1968 ..
    0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 7 1968 1-0:1.0 -> ../../../devices/platform/soc/soc:internal-regs/f1058000.usb/usb1/1-0:1.0
    0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 7 1968 1-1 -> ../../../devices/platform/soc/soc:internal-regs/f1058000.usb/usb1/1-1
    0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 7 1968 1-1:1.0 -> ../../../devices/platform/soc/soc:internal-regs/f1058000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0
    0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 7 1968 2-0:1.0 -> ../../../devices/platform/soc/soc:internal-regs/f10f8000.usb3/usb2/2-0:1.0
    0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 7 1968 3-0:1.0 -> ../../../devices/platform/soc/soc:internal-regs/f10f8000.usb3/usb3/3-0:1.0
    0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 7 1968 3-1 -> ../../../devices/platform/soc/soc:internal-regs/f10f8000.usb3/usb3/3-1
    0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 7 1968 3-1:1.0 -> ../../../devices/platform/soc/soc:internal-regs/f10f8000.usb3/usb3/3-1/3-1:1.0
    0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 7 1968 usb1 -> ../../../devices/platform/soc/soc:internal-regs/f1058000.usb/usb1
    0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 7 1968 usb2 -> ../../../devices/platform/soc/soc:internal-regs/f10f8000.usb3/usb2
    0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 7 1968 usb3 -> ../../../devices/platform/soc/soc:internal-regs/f10f8000.usb3/usb3

Just noticed that date, pre-dates Unix Epoch?

1 Like

I think that sounds correct to me. Dot signifies usb 3 protocol.

(Hey, you got a 3200....... )

@mkresin

Do you have a final "patch" available that I could use against my build (looks like you made some revisions today). I would much prefer to flash my own build with your fix to test. I am running the WRT1900ACv2 at the moment.

Ya, you didn't get yours yet? Just kiddin':wink:

Ya, I think the LEDs are correct on everything except mamba, which seems to have changed somewhere along the way. Well... usb anyway, rango still has a ways to go on other fronts.

Ooooh, so this didn't work well on your v1? (and no smart @$$ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) I did not get mine yet :sleeping:

@cybrnook I've pushed the final patch to my staging repo: https://git.lede-project.org/d4ad139874f7c37f36c5d602443d649f874ff346. Please do not include the patch in your build yet. I will push it to master if I consider the patch as stable enough.

The result posted by @anomeome matches my expectation. Thanks for testing it on the rango as well!

Yeah, I share your concerns about mamba. Either the USB LED stuff is broken since a while on mamba or does work different. Lets hope that I can find a tester for the WRT1900AC v1.

Nichts passiert Mathias, und danke schon! I will hold off for now in publishing. However I will patch a build for ACv2 soon and test for you.

This from a mamba.

With this change to /etc/config/system (original is in FS#425)

config led 'led_usb1'
    option name 'USB 1'
    option sysfs 'mamba:white:usb2'
    option trigger 'usbport'
    list port 'usb1-port1'

config led 'led_usb2'
    option name 'USB 2'
    option sysfs 'mamba:white:usb3_1'
    option trigger 'usbport'
    list port 'usb3-port2'

config led 'led_usb2_ss'
    option name 'USB 2 SS'
    option sysfs 'mamba:white:usb3_2'
    option trigger 'usbport'
    list port 'usb3-port2'

give working LEDS on mamba. Not sure which is the sata though.

2 Likes

What are you thinking @anomeome, a merger of the V1 you provided, with what @mkresin has put together for all else?

No, @mkresin just has to change the patch to use port2 on mamba; it's the odd one out.

But since we're at it we may as well get the usb 1 sata port going. I think I have an external sata case around here somewhere, but I will have to pull this HD out of the current usb 3 case to drop it in the sata case to test. Just not sure if the requisite bits are in place.

Great job on the build, I appreciate all the hard work. I've finally managed to get OpenVPN connecting to my VPS, but when I move on to the next step of configuring it through stunnel I hit a roadblock. I've tried a few different things and even re-flashed and tried from a fresh install and always end up with this error message:

Wed Jan 25 20:41:06 2017 daemon.info procd: Instance stunnel::instance1 s in a crash loop 6 crashes, 0 seconds since last crash

I've googled around and can't seem to find any causes or solutions. Might anybody here be able to give me some pointers? I've got a Linksys WRT3200ACM running the STABLE Snapshot posted here.

Cheers!