Build for Netgear R7800

master-r6365-45fdb12258-20180303

Looks like the Brainslayer's ath10k wifi LED patch v8 works ok, so I will keep it in the build.

The correct wifi LEDs will now work ok. Automatically for new installs, and for sysupgrades once you have adjusted LED config in /etc/config/system to use ath10k-phy0 and ath10k-phy1 LEDs.

config led 'led_wlan2g'
        option name 'WLAN 2G'
        option trigger 'phy1tpt'
        option sysfs 'ath10k-phy1'
        option default '0'

config led 'led_wlan5g'
        option name 'WLAN 5G'
        option trigger 'phy0tpt'
        option sysfs 'ath10k-phy0'
        option default '0'
1 Like

To you keep track of commit I’d that you build? That way I could always reproduce an older build.

Not quite sure of your meaning...

But naturally the patches included with each of my builds work cleanly only with the exact same main source (and packages sources) versions that I used for the build and for generating the patches. If you try to apply patches later, or if you git pull updates to the sources, you may need to adapt patches and/or use git stash magic and then edit the conflicts away. (Or you could just git checkout the exact commit from the sources to be able to apply the patches cleanly.)

Yes, but where do I get the commit id from?

master-r6365-45fdb12258-20180303

(./scripts/getver.sh produces the version string as a combination of incremental revision and the commit hash: "rRevision-Commit".)

And you could just checkout that commit with
git checkout 45fdb12258

Normal git stuff

Thank you!

I've uploaded my build for R7800 based on lede-17.01 branch here:

https://app.box.com/s/oxaht7753bskakihl5xqq0r159wt76gi

It has two sysupgrade image; one with the default stmmac ethernet driver while another image is built with the nss-gmac ethernet driver. For those who experienced high latency for your R7800, appreciate if you can help test the image and see if it solves the high latency issue.

You can also build the image yourself using the GitHub repository here:

stmmac driver:

nss-gmac driver:

I am currently in the process of replacing ISP equipment with among other a R7800. The provider supplies IPTV through multicast for live streams and unicast for recorded streams so I did some research and found out that support for VLAN, IGMP snooping and IGMP proxy is needed to make the multicast work. As far as I understood this is all supported by default in OpenWRT/LEDE, but I also came across another user of the same provider struggeling with multicast and made a post in the general development thread regarding the possible solution found to the issue. What I am still wondering si if this build has everything included that is necessary for multicast?

Hi @hnyman, I just installed your latest r6420 build and nlbwmon is suddenly not working any more. Is it working for you?

UPDATE: not working as in not showing any data on the chart.

Yes. It is working ok.

But nlbwmon is a bit uncertain on starting too early (?) especially for the ipv6 detection.
You might test just restarting the nlbwmon service.

Thx, the DB must have gotten corrupt. Deleted it and it is working now.

I did not succeed in building an image with a working CandelaTech driver. Driver is not loading. Can someone please give me a recipe how to make it run? Is this CandelaTech driver still producing packet errors?

Hi. I have a silly question; I've already created hnyman's build environment and successfully built the R7800 image. If I want to download and build the latest image, do I need to re-create a new build environment or is there a way to update the existing patches, src code, etc. ?

Thanks.

Quite normal way, like explained in the wiki:

• "git pull" to update the main sources
  • "./scripts/feeds update" to update the feeds (paclages, luci, ...)

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/build#updating_sources_with_git

Thanks hnyman. What about your patches? How do they get updated?

If git pull causes conflicts, you can stash the changes.

Or you can compare the patches to my next next build after conflicting changes, and just do the possible changes by hand.

But there is no automatic way to notice all changes done by me.
But R7800 is so stable that there aren't that many changes usually. I change something very seldom.

NFS, it works well on LEDE 17.01.4 Stable. I tried install nfs-kernel-server on master-r6427/r6420 and lede1701-r3862 but it tells me kernel version dependency error. Maybe it has to do with the first post note about kernel. Does anybody use nfs with this version? I tried install it forced but the router restarts during the install.

In general, you can't install kernel modules to private builds .
Use official 17.01.4 if you need extra modules.

i'm having a bit of an odd problem with the very latest 1701 build (r3862), i can't select 5ghz channel 48 for some reason. it has the right channel LUCI and in the config, but it keeps using channel 44. i didn't have this problem with r3853.

I don't think that there is any change on radio driver between those versions, so there should be no change in behaviour.
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/lede-17.01