Build for Netgear R7800

tested Stable Release build lede-17.01.2-ipq806x-R7800-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar
Powered by LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-17.152.82987-7f6fc16) / LEDE Reboot 17.01.2 r3435-65eec8bd5f

no wireless stream corruption.
video image is ok.

no, nothing.
flash your build and install only samba e minidlna opkg.
no other settings touched
so the problem is in ath10k wifi driver

Is it 2.4 ghz band you are experiencing problems with?

both band
indifferent

Note that master and 17.01 use different minidlna and samba versions. Similarly several other packages are different.

As 17.01 works ok for you (both release build and my build), the difference can be almost anything, e.g. master uses kernel 4.9 and 17.01 uses 4.4. Similarly most core packages have different versions. Finding the culprit may be quite difficult.

You should test with master snapshot to make sure that it is not just my build that fails for you. If the error surfaces also with buildbot master snapshot build, it is not due to my build.

surely, but buildbot master snapshot build is without LuCI.
i need it for configure wan vlan and pppoe for the internet connection.

It also seems that it's not the wireless driver or firmware, as @hnyman has merged wifi related changes from master into his 17.01 build, that's working ok for you

I have not touched ath10k driver itself, just the firmware reading changes. So, there might be something there.

Luci can be easily installed from ssh console

opkg update
opkg install luci
(opkg install the needed other packages)

But in any case, I don't think that it is directly related to my build (as the differences to the plain snapshot are not that extensive.) Testing with snapshot would just prove that.

If you problem surfaces also with snapshot, your problem is somewhere else (some core package, kernel, minidlna, samba, etc...) and the debug efforts might be taken off this build-specific thread.

yes i know.
but i need first to configure wan vlan and pppoe for my internet connection.

You can also configure VLANs and pppoe through ssh, although it is a bit more difficult of course. Easiest way to get around this issue, would be to build the master branch with Luci included. Then you can use Luci like you would normally to configure your internet connection :slight_smile:

Oh sorry,
I have confused the meaning of the term "Community Builds"
"Private User Builds" would be much more appropriate. :confused:

"Builds by community members" might be most accurate...

In any case, any new feature both bloats the build and increases risk of breakage. It takes some effort to regularly compile these builds, so it makes sense to keep the feature set limited to the commonly used packages.

Feel free to use the build as a basis for your own build. Message #2 in the thread contains link to instructions how to easily transfer my R7800 customisations to your own build environment.

And there is naturally the possibility to use the official 17.01.2 release build or the buildbot snapshot, if you are unhappy with these "Private User Builds".

tested lede-ipq806x-R7800-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar