[Solved] BT Home Hub 5A with VDSL2 not working in France (Orange ISP)

Hello,
i bought on ebay a BT Home Hub 5A modem router with a preinstalled LEDE, last stable version. it is coming from England (of course).
I'm trying to make it working in France with my ISP Orange. But after 48H and trying several settings and firmwares in /lib/firmwares/ nothing worked, it fails after the Handshake, sometimes it goes up to full_init and back to silent

In France with Orange a VDSL2 connection is over pots, with PTM protocol, and on vlan 835. so here is my network config file:

config dsl 'dsl'
	option annex 'a'
	option tone 'av'
	option xfer_mode 'ptm'
	option line_mode 'vdsl'

config interface 'wan'
	option ifname 'ptm0.835'
	option proto 'pppoe'
	option username 'fti/******'
	option password '********'
	option ipv6 '0'
	option mtu '1492'

config device 'wan_dev'
	option name 'ptm0'

As i said i also tried a lot of firmware found in forums where people said they had success with. But in my case it never worked. i'm always stuck on "0x200 silent" after the handshake

Please note, i tried all Annex A and B combinations with all Tones, and rebooted each time. Nothing worked.
i'm out of idea.

Please Help.
Thank you for your time.

hello,
problem solved. while waiting for a UK to FR adapter i was using a laptop charger, with a higher voltage +2v...:scream: yeaaa i know....
i just received the adapter and now it works .

Sorry :yum:

hello i'm french too and orange can you explain how you make please ? and why mtu 1492 i would like put for ps4 and netduma R1 combo router for gaming (tu peux repondre en francais :wink: ) j'ai pris aussi adaptateur

ici : http://www.forum-orange.com/viewtopic.php?id=77962

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.