Archer C2600 v1.0 - LEDE support status

what is max download and upload speed over OPENVPN with this tp-link Archer C 2600? i decide to buy one but i need to know if openvpn speed performance way better instead tp-link 1043nd

I have some problems with IPTV when create new VLAN eth1.3999....picture somethimes frezzing...with tp-link 1043nd I didn't have this problems....

I'm planning to buy one of these (either 1.0 or 1.1) and planning to run LEDE on it.
Is it usable? Anyone running it? How's the NAT performance via ethernet?
The known issues list on the openwrt forum is quite old and people were talking about a serious wifi crashing issue recently, so I'm a bit worried.

I've been running the lasest build (LEDE Reboot 17.01.2 r3435-65eec8bd5f / LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-17.152.82987-7f6fc16)) for 60 days with not a single issue (my setup is vanilla). On the 5ghz band, I get a strong signal through 1 floor and 2 walls (advertised @ 150Mb/s (yep)). I have roughly 20 nodes on the 5ghz band and 3 on the 2.4ghz.

So I've bought a v1.1 model of this router, flashed the latest snapshot on it and it seems it's running great. Haven't experienced any problems during the last few days. Thanks @gonzlobo.

1 Like

Anyone else having issues with 17.01.3 upgrade from 17.01.2? My wifi got shut off and no matter what I can not re-enable it.

Just upgraded to 17.01.3 from 17.01.2, didn't have problems with wifi. The first boot after upgrade was much longer than usually but no problems after that.

Hi,

Could somebody tell me how's wifi speed on 5 Ghz. and speed via ethernet?

Thanks a lot,

My device is rock solid running snapshots, try the latest one, maybe it will fix your wifi problem.

Sure. Running the latest mainline snapshot the NAT on ethernet can push 770-830 mbps using 10 threads in both directions. When running in both directions at the same time, it slows down to 310-340 mbps. I haven't benchmarked the wifi, just did a quick speed test and it's able to push my 500 mbps connection on full speed.

Thanks @after

Can I ask how you flash the router? Do you use Tp-Link GUI or need tftp recovery method?

Installation via TFTP is described on the devicepage: https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tp-link_archer_c2600_v1#oem_installation_using_the_tftp_method

Direct from stock firmware using default WEB method (not tftp), worked for me.

You mean WEB method = TP-Link GUI?

Yes, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Is there another web method? :stuck_out_tongue:

I have been flashing OpenWRT on this router for ~3 years. On every flash, the router required minor workarounds to get it up and running (disconnect power once or twice for a minute). For the last few releases, it boots up immediately after a flash (so quickly it seems it rejected the flash). Was something significant fixed?
-signed Grateful

Cezary, I came across your post about the software for the Tp Link C2600 at the following link:

I wanted to ask if there are instructions for a novice such as me, to flash this in my C2600 Version 1.0?.

Thanks

Forget lede and install current version: https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer_c2600_v1#installation

1 Like

Cezary, thank you. Does this version work fine or is there still the risk of bugs?.

Considering my C2600 is version 1.0, should I use some of the older more stable versions?.

Thanks